Reviewing Edited Photos in Sony DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have been able to review photos taken on my a200 with my TV. However, I realised that I can't review them once I have edited it on my pc and transfer back to the CF card. The camera simply refused to preview the photos. Is there any way I can make the camera to read it?

Hi, I have the same issue too. Once edited, cannot review in camera anymore.

Think this is a limitation, not an issue. Not sure if other camera have the same limitation.

This is common amongst many cameras. Basically you wiped out the EXIF, so the camera is not sure what the picture information is.

Ah, i see... well, you have to be quite careful in what you do to the photo... I believe if you export or save with some particular settings - even if you edited on the original file and flattened the image, this can change the jpeg file enough so that the software decoder inside the camera doesn't recognize the file anymore.

(usually, it's the file headers that's being changed)

Anyways, if you allow me some time, I can do some figuring out... ;) I'm not so much for using my camera as a slideshow machine - but this added knowledge about what file settings work and what doesn't should be beneficial to everybody.

think the good thing bout using the camera as a photoslideshow thing is the PhotoHD support. (correct me if it doesnt have the support)

Status
Not open for further replies.