Review sites for F11

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry2308

Aug 30, 2005
Kembangan
Hi there,any review websites for the F11?:)

I don't think you really need to read reviews on the F11. From all that is reported here about it I think we xan safely say it is the best compact digital camera around

I can give you a review.

First, official specifications and information can be found here:

http://home.fujifilm.com/products/digital/lineup/f11/index.html

Next, discussions and samples are best found here:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1012

My impressions so far (got it on 26 Jan):

1. It is small and light.

2. It is fast, both to switch on and to take pictures. AF is fast, even in low light without the AF assist light.

3. The "Natural Light" mode is the only thing I have used so far. Wife loves it because she does not have to worry about adjusting ISO or settings when switching between bright daylight and dim indoors. It's nice to have the aperture and shutter priority mode there to use, even though I have not found the need for them yet.

4. Image quality at 1600 does not match that of a DSLR (duh!) but definitely better than any P&S out there. After processing with Noiseware (Community Edition which is free), though, the results are pretty astounding. Never thought I could take sharp, blur-free low light pics with a P&S.

5. The menus are pretty intuitive to me, despite the complaints in some quarters. I had no problem navigating them without having to resort to the manual.

6. Playback and deleting photos is fast and easy. I like the fact that you can switch back to shooting mode simply by half-pressing the shutter button.

7. The screen is big and bright.

8. You can switch off all the beeps and shutter sounds, so it's quieter than a Leica.

9. Battery life is very good.

10. The software is not bad. You can just plug in to the computer and everything will be downloaded, and it will clear the memory card for you at the same time. The same dongle will charge the camera for you. There are people who complain this is very clumsy, but I can understand and appreciate the thinking behind it. Just one plug into the camera to do everything.

As you can tell, I like it very much. Thanks to those on the forum who brought this cam to my attention!

What I would like:

1. A viewfinder. As you get older, you have to move the LCD screen a bit further away from you to be able to focus on it.

2. A swivel screen. One of my favourite shooting positions is from the hip.

is there a anti-blur function to activate? i find the images not very sharp when using the Natural Light function.

The so-called "anti-blur" feature is simply a tweaking of the AE program that biases it towards higher shutter speeds, I think. There is no "anti-blur" mode as such, but people who have compared the F10 and F11 find that for similiar lighting conditions, the F11 will choose a higher shutter speed (by opening up the aperture or raising ISO) compared to the F10.

Status
Not open for further replies.