Review Samsung NX10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, nobody has review on NX10 taken with young kids?

Hi, nobody has review on NX10 taken with young kids?

The NX10 is as capable as most entry level DSLRs and you should be able to shoot young, fast moving kids without a problem. Some others have also posted photos of their kids in this thread so maybe you can search and check their results.

But in order to get the best quality you should understand photography. The NX10 is a camera that is aimed towards the hobbyist, so it performs much better when understood properly.

This link may help: http://camerasim.com/camera-simulator.html
---------------

Regarding the NX lens lineup. Here is an interesting rumor link:
http://www.x-rumors.com/2010/11/24/x4-samsung-nx-lens-roadmap-2011-2013/

I just bought my nx10 yesterday from SLR Revo. Now they're having a promotion. (PS: While stock lasts. They only have 2 more white sets left.)

I got my 30mm pancake lens kit and an additional 50mm-200mm lens, add in a screen protector ($2) and 2% charge because i paid by card = $1,133.

Anyway, i wanted to get the new lens iFn but the sales guy (Chin) says that they don't sell those in the market. Only if you get a NX100.

Does anyone know anywhere that sells the iFn lens by itself?

5 new lenses for the incoming 2011

nx-lens-roadmap.jpg

still no schneider branded lenses

NX10 is a capable camera which quite impressive performer imo

cropsam0288.jpg

Slow speed ..

cropsam0784.jpg

Nice skin tone reproduction under fluorescent light

cropsam0727.jpg

Using trim feature on camera (left : original, right : trim)

cropsam0539.jpg

sharp kit lens (18-55 mm)

All pictures above is direct out camera (except the comparison pic of trimming picture)
Got very interesting price which can't stop myself to purchase it ! (around Sin$ 700) :heart:

Last edited:
Got very interesting price which can't stop myself to purchase it ! (around Sin$ 700) :heart:[/QUOTE]

S$700! for the nx10! kit lens?
Tt's a really good price. :thumbsup:Can share where u got it?

Got very interesting price which can't stop myself to purchase it ! (around Sin$ 700) :heart:

S$700! for the nx10! kit lens?
Tt's a really good price. :thumbsup:Can share where u got it?

yes.. with 18-55 mm lens, brand new and Samsung warranty.
I got it in Jakarta.

NX10 firmware 1.25 released.

I am interested in either the NX10 or 100 for my range of old legacy lenses as my all purpose casual use camera. Questions:

Do you need an EVF for manual focusing?
Which one would you choose for manual focusing?
What's the major differences between them?

Currently, I use EOS 5D with a complete range of manual focusing lens from 18mm to 200mm, mostly Zeiss, Leica, Pentax and Olympus OM. All the OM lenses are very small and non optrusive and I intend to use these on the NX camera.

I went thru both this and the NX100 threads and could not find answers to my questions above, so I hope some of you can help me.

Many thanks.

To answer your questions. You can use both the EVF and rear screen for manual focusing.

I believe the software components are the same for both the NX10 and the NX100 for manual focusing. I don't think either camera has an advantage in this aspect.

The differences are essentially, the NX10 has an EVF and flash but the NX100 doesn't. I personally think the NX10 is an easier camera to hold and use.

Both cameras magnify the image to assist manual focusing, but the magnification sometimes seems insufficient. If you know your lenses well you can manage though. Hopefully this new firmware update addresses this issue.

To answer your questions. You can use both the EVF and rear screen for manual focusing.

I believe the software components are the same for both the NX10 and the NX100 for manual focusing. I don't think either camera has an advantage in this aspect.

The differences are essentially, the NX10 has an EVF and flash but the NX100 doesn't. I personally think the NX10 is an easier camera to hold and use.

Both cameras magnify the image to assist manual focusing, but the magnification sometimes seems insufficient. If you know your lenses well you can manage though. Hopefully this new firmware update addresses this issue.

Thanks Shahmatt for your input.

anyone tried panning with NX10?

I am interested in either the NX10 or 100 for my range of old legacy lenses as my all purpose casual use camera. Questions:

Do you need an EVF for manual focusing?
Which one would you choose for manual focusing?
What's the major differences between them?

Currently, I use EOS 5D with a complete range of manual focusing lens from 18mm to 200mm, mostly Zeiss, Leica, Pentax and Olympus OM. All the OM lenses are very small and non optrusive and I intend to use these on the NX camera.

I went thru both this and the NX100 threads and could not find answers to my questions above, so I hope some of you can help me.

Many thanks.

It is a bit difficult to answer your question. From my personal experience on NX10, I can certainly tell you that I've been capturing better pictures when I use the EVF. But the thing is that I'm entertaining better shooting grip/camera hold when the camera is attached to my eyes. (I have trembling hands.) So I'm not sure which component contributes more to better pictures, the EVF or the grip?

NX100 has some kind of focusing indicator that is not available in NX10. But people says that it is not so helpful since you cannot use this indicator and the magnification function together.

Samsung introduces 4 IFn lens at CES 2011.
Can NX10 use these lens?

so can use on NX10 but not the IFn on the lens?
If you update the firmware of the NX10 to the latest version, then you can use the iFn on the lens. The iFn button is on the lens and not on the camera body.

surprised that the 16mm is f2.4 rather than f2.8.

If only they put the D7000/k5 sensor in the next NX. That sensor is like leagues better than anything samsung has.

Or at least now samsung has SEEN the state of art in sensors, they will have much more urgency to update their sensor to at least comparable levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.