Review | Olympus Pen E-PM1 Mini Micro 4/3 Camera User Review Read more: http://revie

theveed

Apr 20, 2007
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Read my full Olympus PEN E-PM1 Mini review here.

:)

Excerpt

In the latter part of 2011, Olympus launched three Digital PEN Micro 4/3 cameras at the same time. The top of the line Olympus PEN E-P3, the mid-tier PEN E-PL3, and the new Olympus PEN E-PM1 Mini.

The three Olympus PENs share a lot of things in common internally. Most of what you get in the flagship Olympus E-P3 is available on the Olympus PEN E-PM1 as well, but with some key features omitted in the most affordable model such as the touch-screen feature, for example.The key differences between the three models are primarily physical size, the features, as the sensor and image processor aren’t all that different, and the price.Olympus PEN E-PM1 Mini Intro

The Olympus PEN E-PM1 Mini caters to those who are looking to step beyond traditional pocket point-and-shoot camera but want the flexibility of interchangeable lenses and all the features than a larger sensor format brings without sacrificing portability.

Moving from a traditional, fixed-lens point-and-shoot, a Micro 4/3 system camera you’ll find that the image quality difference is very obvious, particularly in low-light. The response of the camera is much quicker, and the ability to change lenses open up a lot of creative opportunities as well.

Read more: David Simple Photography - Simple Photography Tips for Parents & Hobbyists. Camera Reviews and Photographer Promotion

indeed a tiny wonder... if not for budget I would have gotten this as a second body, dump on a 14mm pancake and walkaround ^^

But I think it is more "value-for-money" to get the E-PL3 in Singapore as I think the retail price for E-PM1 is a bit on the high side....

Read my full Olympus PEN E-PM1 Mini review here.

:)

Excerpt

In the latter part of 2011, Olympus launched three Digital PEN Micro 4/3 cameras at the same time. The top of the line Olympus PEN E-P3, the mid-tier PEN E-PL3, and the new Olympus PEN E-PM1 Mini.

The three Olympus PENs share a lot of things in common internally. Most of what you get in the flagship Olympus E-P3 is available on the Olympus PEN E-PM1 as well, but with some key features omitted in the most affordable model such as the touch-screen feature, for example.The key differences between the three models are primarily physical size, the features, as the sensor and image processor aren�t all that different, and the price.Olympus PEN E-PM1 Mini Intro

The Olympus PEN E-PM1 Mini caters to those who are looking to step beyond traditional pocket point-and-shoot camera but want the flexibility of interchangeable lenses and all the features than a larger sensor format brings without sacrificing portability.

Moving from a traditional, fixed-lens point-and-shoot, a Micro 4/3 system camera you�ll find that the image quality difference is very obvious, particularly in low-light. The response of the camera is much quicker, and the ability to change lenses open up a lot of creative opportunities as well.

Read more: David Simple Photography - Simple Photography Tips for Parents & Hobbyists. Camera Reviews and Photographer Promotion

Just curious did you suffer the same problem of IBIS causing blurry image in higher speed with EPM-1? Because on other forum they suspect the new IBIS mechanism (that allow faster burst) as culprit...

But I think it is more "value-for-money" to get the E-PL3 in Singapore as I think the retail price for E-PM1 is a bit on the high side....

Got a set from USA (with shipping+ 7% GSt) and add on a VF-3, total cost ard $820. Very value for money. with 4fps, fast AF, it has replaced my E-30 and will work along with X100.

JW73 said:
Got a set from USA (with shipping+ 7% GSt) and add on a VF-3, total cost ard $820. Very value for money. with 4fps, fast AF, it has replaced my E-30 and will work along with X100.

Is tat cheaper than best price u can get locally?