Reversed 50mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlim

Oct 28, 2005
NEL
when reversing a lens,is there anything to protect it?
eg, front of lens can use uv. how abt the back?

then if go on macro shooting walk, that means the lens is just out like that...:sweat:
any ideas on how to protect it?

i am assuming you are asking in relation to your nikon D50. the nikon BR-2a can be coupled with the BR-3 when using a 52mm threaded lense (e.g. AFD50f1.8) for your reverse mount setup.

[nikon cam body] - [BR-2a] - [50f1.8 (reverse)] - [BR-3] - [52mm filter]

hope this helps.

seanlim said:
then if go on macro shooting walk, that means the lens is just out like that...:sweat:
any ideas on how to protect it?

Use the cap that came with the lens? Unlike filters, it was specically designed to protect the lens, and also unlike filters, it doesn't degrade the optical performance.

Cactus jACK said:
i am assuming you are asking in relation to your nikon D50. the nikon BR-2a can be coupled with the BR-3 when using a 52mm threaded lense (e.g. AFD50f1.8) for your reverse mount setup.

[nikon cam body] - [BR-2a] - [50f1.8 (reverse)] - [BR-3] - [52mm filter]

hope this helps.
yea it does....was still wondering whether can do like that..thanks alot

can any one advise me where can i buy the reverse ring for a 50mm?
I went to a shop in funan, he told me they dont sell because it will cause cuts on fingers and the ring will get stuck to the lens. True?

roti_prata said:
the lens cap is opaque

Which doesn't hurt a bit if you're walking around (in fact it protects the camera from serious damage, e.g. from sunlight), unless you're walking around with the shutter release pressed in rapid-fire mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.