Reverse Development of Photos

JayBern

Nov 26, 2008
Bishan
jaybern.blogspot.com
Just wondering if there is such a thing. I have this photo that I want to develop a negative for it so I can develop as and when I need the photo. (Passport-sized photo) Is it possible to develop a negative from just the photo itself?

If so, where can I find such services?

Thanks!

In short, you can take a photo of the photo using film. Depending on how precisely you want it, you may need to go through some pretty tedious alignment. How did you get that photo? I assume it was from digital, then sent to print? Why not just get the original digital file?

Just wondering if there is such a thing. I have this photo that I want to develop a negative for it so I can develop as and when I need the photo. (Passport-sized photo) Is it possible to develop a negative from just the photo itself?

If so, where can I find such services?

Thanks!

Why not just scan it and resize.

It was taken at some photo shop, I forgotten where, and developed straight with no negatives no digital file as well.

Nice passport-sized photos are hard to come by and I need a few of these lol. Will scanning do just fine?

But the quality of the picture, I assume it will be decreased as compared to the original photo? But to what extend?

Why not just scan it and resize.

Yeah! Just thought of it after I replied lol. Does any photo shop do this scanning and printing service?

With scanned photos, you can even make yourself a few years younger.

Most if not all provide scanning services.

It was taken at some photo shop, I forgotten where, and developed straight with no negatives no digital file as well.

Nice passport-sized photos are hard to come by and I need a few of these lol. Will scanning do just fine?

But the quality of the picture, I assume it will be decreased as compared to the original photo? But to what extend?

Yeah! Just thought of it after I replied lol. Does any photo shop do this scanning and printing service?
any digilab do offer scan and print service, however, the results are very much depends on the original you supply them.

anyway, it is always more economy just to redo a passport photos, beside, for legal passport photos has to be taken recently.

What are the use of the passport size photos? Most, if not all, applications nowaday allows the use of digital print from photo taken by oneself, even apply for passport.

How about IC? Sorry I know this is a photo forum and I'm making this a general query thread. :s Please forgive me. Lol.

any digilab do offer scan and print service, however, the results are very much depends on the original you supply them.

anyway, it is always more economy just to redo a passport photos, beside, for legal passport photos has to be taken recently.

This photo was taken a couple of months ago. According to ICA website they say have to be at least 3 months ago so I guess I'm safe. Apart from that I can also use this for my future 'not-so-important' cards mah hahah.

Passport photos are not allow to alter or retouch.

other headshots can.

Don't have to retouch; just make it a little soft or out of focus and all your wrinkles will disappear.

How about IC? Sorry I know this is a photo forum and I'm making this a general query thread. :s Please forgive me. Lol.

You can take your own photo, crop it and send the file to them over the net.

Your photograph:
- Preferred Image Dimension of 400 (Width) x 514 (Height) pixels;
- File size less than 60 Kbytes (File size can be reduced by compressing your image);
- Must be in colour taken against plain white background without shadows;
- Taken within the last 3 months; and
- Show the full face and without headgear;
- (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features);
- Preferred Resolution of 150 dpi

Last edited:
20 this year. Pretty old already leh. My lifestyle like vampire one lol. Sometimes I don't know how I even survive the day without sleeping and feel normal. Got quite a handful of people whom I just met thought that I'm like 25 - 27 like that. Sad. ):

In the old days before the scanner, there is actually a setup where you mount a camera on a standing frame, and the photo below. You actually take a photo of a photo. I saw it before when I was young.

In the old days before the scanner, there is actually a setup where you mount a camera on a standing frame, and the photo below. You actually take a photo of a photo. I saw it before when I was young.
this is the set up without using a copystand..

How to set up for copywork