Restore curve

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetPumpkin

Nov 27, 2005
Pardon me for asking.How do i actually go about restoring the default nikon curve in my d70?:dunno: Played with the custom curves and seem to have messed it up:sweat:

StreetPumpkin said:
Pardon me for asking.How do i actually go about restoring the default nikon curve in my d70?:dunno: Played with the custom curves and seem to have messed it up:sweat:

Do you have a copy of Nikon Capture? You could reset it back to default if you have that sofware. Even if you not did save a copy of the default curve to your PC as a backup...anyone else like me who use a D70 can pass you the default setting file for you to re-installback into your D70.

In your D70 Tone's menu, just revert back from 'Custom' to Auto or Normal will do.

sammy888 said:
Do you have a copy of Nikon Capture? You could reset it back to default if you have that sofware. Even if you did save a copy of trhe default...anyone else like me who use a D70 can pass you the default setting file for you to re-installback into your D70.

How do i go about resetting in nikon capture?Just let the sample pic be as it is and load?

just set it thru your camera`s menu can liao. the default file is always inside. Select Normal instead of Custom.

StreetPumpkin said:
How do i go about resetting in nikon capture?Just let the sample pic be as it is and load?

You should try out what espn and TMC has suggested. I just took it that you might have come to the point where you were not able to rest it back to the default curve via your D70's setting menu. NOt sure at this point if you can totally screw with your curve as in having imported some other curve to your D70s via some other curve editing software. I have never done that except with Nikon Capture. But I have played around with my D70's curve setting by importing other curves via Nikon Capture software to my D70. So for me if anything does go wrong with the curve, I simply import back the default curve to my D70 and do some other adjustment with it in custom again.

Got your msg....if you really want the D70 curve I can email it to you once I am at the office. My home PC version of Nikon Capture does not contain that file ( or I am not sure where I stash it heheh ) Will get it to you tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.