Repair a cracked ballhead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Romulus
Hi.

I've dropped my Manfrotto ball head... and... it's CRACKED.
Anyone knows a way to repair it? :cry: :cry:

wah...how high did u dropped ya ballhead ? i think the material for the ballheads are quite tough...how did u do that ?
:dunno: :confused: :what:

Dropped from my bag at shoulder height... was trying to get a shot and my bag... sigh... I SHOULD HAVE PUT DOWN MY BAG instead of flinging it over from my shoulder to the back...

how?? :cry:

I'll get over it... but it's the $$$$ wasted!!! :cry:
It still works lah... still mostly smooth but... but... everytime i see the crack i feel like :cry:

Originally posted by Romulus
I'll get over it... but it's the $$$$ wasted!!! :cry:
It still works lah... still mostly smooth but... but... everytime i see the crack i feel like :cry:

If you continue using the ballhead, the next thing that crack will be your camera!

NO lah... the ball is cracked. Can still move about and the crack is quite small, the ballhead cannot fall out of the holder/compartment. It's still safe.:confused:

ok ... small crack only, then why the initial concern for repair and :cry:

You sound like the CRACK ... nevermind... is a false alarm then! :)

but..but... it did crack! There is a piece about 3x4cm just around the joint that is going to fall out. I pushed it back in, turned the ballhead and tightened it so that the piece would snap back inside... if I did drop it again, it would definately break off. BUT, even then, it would only render the ballhead useless - i won't be able to move it, the camera would still not be in danger of falling off coz the ballhead would still sit securely in the socket...

so it's not a false alarm... i just have a temporary workaround... heh

ok ok ... do update me if your camera ever drop off from your ball :D

No offence eh and I will touch wood for you now!

Status
Not open for further replies.