Remove WTB/WTS Ads from Kopitiam?

Remove WTB/WTS Ads in Kopitiam?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nudi

Jan 2, 2003
Just realised that all WTB & WTS ads in Kopitiam will be abducted, crushed, killed with no mercy with effect from 1st Jan 2004.

I feel a little lost now... :cry:
I will miss the WTB & WTS ads of non-photographic related items in kopitiam for quite a while.

Just curious what u folks feel about the new ruling... :think:

nudi said:
Just realised that all WTB & WTS ads in Kopitiam will be abducted, crushed, killed with no mercy with effect from 1st Jan 2004.

I will miss the WTB & WTS ads of non-photographic related items in kopitiam for quite a while.

Well as more and more people are misusing Kopitiam for such wtb and wts of non-photography stuffs, it becoming quite a big problem for us to keep the place neat and tidy.

Oso Kopitiam was created for the masses to talk abt other things beside photography as long as in the guidelines, not for sale of anything. Beside for sale of other things non-photography, I'm sure there are many other places beside CS that you can post.

nudi said:

While we appreciate user feedback, the decision on putting a stop to WTB/WTS ads is purely a maintenance issue and a desire to bring ClubSNAP back on track in our role as a Photographic Community. As Bluestrike has mentioned, there are certainly many other places where you can post the sales of your non-photographic items. In the case of Kopitam, we have found many users who
- join ClubSNAP only to post sales of non-photographic items in Kopitam
- only post in Kopitam (and nowhere else in ClubSNAP) but not for chit-chat, instead, they just want to sell their non-photographic items
This, we consider misuse and thus have no choice but to implement the strict new ruling to curb wastage of bandwidth and ease maintenance.

With that explanation, I am closing this thread in the hope that members appreciate what we are trying to do for ClubSNAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.