Remote Controlled Car Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbma

Dec 28, 2003
Tampines
Just trying out some shots. Not easy man. These buggers go at 80+ kph and they are small so trying to snap them is a real challenge.

rcmc1.jpg

IMG]http://www.al-kathiri.org/Photos/DSLR/rcmc2.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://www.al-kathiri.org/Photos/DSLR/rcmc3.jpg[/IMG]

IMG]http://www.al-kathiri.org/Photos/DSLR/rcmc4.jpg[/IMG]

Oops sorry. Bad choice. Here goes

rcmc2.jpg

rcmc3.jpg

rcmc4.jpg

Try shooting from a lower angle, crop down the image if necessary to achieve a tighter crop for a more focused image. Use slower shutter speeds and panning techniques to give a sensation of speed from blurred background as well as spinning wheels.

Thanks r32. I tried panning but all blur as they move fast. Will try again.

Oh yea. agree on the lower angle. Will try it soon. Thanks.

yah reminds me of my childhood days..I used to be a big fan of tamiya and i owned a avante 1/10... Now I love to touch on a RC helicopter is I got a chance. And yes, I'm living in puggol lots of open patch.

What do you mean childhood days...I still have not outgrown my childhood haha. When I was young I can only look at these things. Only now can I afford it.

Thanks skyline_impreza. I was thinking along that line. However this is my first shot at it so not too sure how to do that. Will keep on trying.

jbma said:
Thanks skyline_impreza. I was thinking along that line. However this is my first shot at it so not too sure how to do that. Will keep on trying.

Ah Jaffar!

was waiting with bated breath for your remote control car racing pics!!=0)

What happened to the car flying over the hump one?? hahaha..=)

Keep shooting! next time if can, lemme know la, then I'll try out the panning... emphasis on TRY :bsmilie:

i tink u need to physicall crop tighter and use a faster shutter.....

Woah, R32 is crazy RC fan... Saw a pic of his RC car kit boxes.. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Btw, is this track located at east coast? I tried my buggy 1/8 scale once then got chased away...

Yes it is at East Coast. It is a membership track. You can join as a member at Marine Parade CC. It is meant for on-road cars only. Buggy will not be suitable. 1/8 on-road is moest suitable as it is a very fast track. BTW there will be a buggy race in JB on 18th July. I plan to go and shoot some pics if I can make it on that day. Some people play their buggy cars at Tampines and it seems quite fun to watch.

fevernova, there's another bunch running 1/8 buggies in woodlands ave 2 area (behind a new plot of condos). Feel free to join us.

jbma, hope you can make it to the race on 18th July, it's at Today's Mart. Will be there to compete & take pics if i can make it. Hope to see you there!

Cheers!

Iceman27 said:
fevernova, there's another bunch running 1/8 buggies in woodlands ave 2 area (behind a new plot of condos). Feel free to join us.

jbma, hope you can make it to the race on 18th July, it's at Today's Mart. Will be there to compete & take pics if i can make it. Hope to see you there!

Cheers!

Hey Iceman27, I will try to make it as I have missed the past 2 events :cry:. I want to get some off-road shots. I would also like to support CS members in the race. Good Luck Guys!

Hmmm...Before i start, i need a new glow plug, the cold filament ones by novarossi and also a new starter battery. My 12volt batt has completed its full charge cycle and can no longer be charged again...Also, need some fine tuning for the engine. I don't know why but its always shutting off when the fuel has half a tank left... :dunno: :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.