schon

Sep 10, 2005
the other side
P1010190-edited-r640-e.jpg

me fooling around at sentosa and stalking people. :vhappy:

comments appreciated. thanks.

better if with facial expression :)

the idea is that that they're not supposed to see me. :sweat:

somehow, I don't get the feeling that they are relishing the sun.

Not sure if it would help if it was shot from a lower angle, a bit tilted or something to make the pic more dynamic?

I like the picture (don't know why)... but maybe title can be better.

ah thanks for the comments all. :)

hmm about the title, with regards to the rain we're having the past few days, doing anything outdoors and feeling the warm radiant rays cooking our heads can be classified as enjoying what the sun has to offer. thus relishing the sun.

4 things captured my attention in this picture.
Simplicity is key in this picture.
All the 4 person also seem to focus their attention on the ball being thrown.

1)Sky - Blue
2)Ground - Yellowish brown
3)Coconut tree - Dark green
4)4 People - Black (silhouette)

so master obewan, does it work for you? :D

it works for me though.... :thumbsup:

I think it'd be more meaninigful if you focused on the 3 guys instead and use them to fill the frame... the girl is quite extra. She's just THERE for the sake of being there.

Haha ask her to pose separately if you're desperate!

I find that the ppl are not really "into" what they are doing.

Firstly, the 3 guys are not properly attired and are all carrying bags to play basketball in the sun?? :sweat: ( I tink the heat's gotten into their heads)

The gal seems to be covering her eyes shading from the sun. (this is more like siaming the sun)

This isn't as what you titled your pics.

thanks for the comments guys.

cyrn, interesting observation you got there. :bsmilie:

they weren't actually playing basketball lah. they were just shooting a few baskets and moving on.

btw, 'siam'-ing the sun would mean staying indoors and not coming out at all despite the heat, if you want to put it in another perspective.

I think the composition is just all right. People from different positions give this picture multiple layers which is also nice given the background is also in multiple layers.

Execution wise, I say the picture is a bit OE (on the top left side). Should point your meter to the darker side, palm tree maybe. Shooting at this time of day is quite tricky, you should put on your ND Filter to minimize the light enter your camera.

I found that the guy on the most left is not as sharp as the girl on the most right side. I would say using a smaller aperture to get a deeper DoF would be an advantage (with this kind of lights 1/16 should be enough); hence your picture would be sharp all the way from the first layer up to the background.

HK

hengkyko said:
I think the composition is just all right. People from different positions give this picture multiple layers which is also nice given the background is also in multiple layers.

Execution wise, I say the picture is a bit OE (on the top left side). Should point your meter to the darker side, palm tree maybe. Shooting at this time of day is quite tricky, you should put on your ND Filter to minimize the light enter your camera.

I found that the guy on the most left is not as sharp as the girl on the most right side. I would say using a smaller aperture to get a deeper DoF would be an advantage (with this kind of lights 1/16 should be enough); hence your picture would be sharp all the way from the first layer up to the background.

HK

thanks for the advice, HK. :)

hmm, you were saying that the picture is a little overexposed, and your suggestion I assume has the intent of downing the exposure a little. if that's the case, why meter off a darker object? wouldn't it cause the image to be even more overexposed? :dunno:

schon said:
thanks for the advice, HK. :)

hmm, you were saying that the picture is a little overexposed, and your suggestion I assume has the intent of downing the exposure a little. if that's the case, why meter off a darker object? wouldn't it cause the image to be even more overexposed? :dunno:

Schon,
You are right, I got it mixed up. Should point your meter either to the sky or sands; and add the exposure 1 to 2 more stops.

HK

Has a pretty commerical feel to it, and pretty well composed... The exposure is indeed off, but for such quick shots, pretty hard to plan out. You could try to dodge the people to bring them out.. For shots on a sunny day at the beach, it's pretty hard to get the correct exposure for subjects without totally blowing out the sky and clouds. Filter or fill flash would help..but troublesome nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.