Relation Counselling

Status
Not open for further replies.
One other little thought.

IF I am a woman (a modern woman that is!), I will think very hard about commiting myself to a "VERY STUBBORN MAN".

While the initial honeymoon might be nice enough to weather the initial hiccoughs, I will not be so sure whether I like to tolerate the nonsensical stubbornness for the rest of my life!

Wolfgang said:
Bin, I checked out the website and they offer only pre-marriage courses only right? :dunno: I don't think it's something they need at the moment or did i miss something? :dunno:

Never had a chance to use their services yet.. *touch wood*

Attend a few wedding show and they are quite active in them. Feel they are quite good. Guess r/s problem is also pre-marriage related. Let you decide if you want to spend the rest of your life with your partner.

Can ask him to call them.

Wish you friend luck.

Wolfgang said:
This idea was brought up before by some of us who were trying to advice him and although it sounds like a good idea but until they can let go of their past emotional baggages (which i can assure you, there are alot of) the letters wont help alot... :sweat: But thank you Zaren, for suggesting. :)

the letters are a start to get them communicating. as i said before, the hardest part is the apology and forgiveness. the reason why they can't let go of the past is because they have been hurt too deeply (e.g. infidelity, dishonesty etc). mutual forgiveness and a rebuilding of trust really is the only way to move forward, and start on a clean slate from here on.

Benign said:
Haizz, the most touchy topic for me in life.

I left it to fate :bsmilie:

just noticed your sig... who is president brush?

fate works in both ways, as a comfort to lost relations and motivation for the next...

Wolfgang,

CARE & COUNSELLING CENTRE

I believe they offer a wide range of services.

I have referred a few friends there before, and if you need a particular counsellor that IMO is especially good with couples with communication problems, please SMS me at 9435 7047.

BTW, often, communication problems feature very prominently in relationship problems and appear to be a fairly genuine concern. Apparently quite a few people find it difficult to even understand themselves, let alone a partner, or the complexities and dynamics involved when two people 'can't seem to meet halfway'.

http://www.counsel.org.sg/

Our Profile
Our Centre is a non-governmental, non-profit agency offering psychological counselling services and training for professionals in the mental health and social services. We are a Registered Society, affiliated to the National Council of Social Service and a member organisation of the Community Chest of Singapore.

Our History
Our Centre was first started as the Churches Counselling Centre in 1966 primarily by Wesley Methodist Church in collaboration with St Andrew's Cathedral. The aim was to offer counselling service to the community regardless of their religious faith. In 1975 it became a Registered Society and changed its name to the Counselling and Care Centre to reflect the wider non-Christian constituents it served.

Our Mission & Aims
To enhance mental health and promote marital and family living through counselling, consultancy, training, publication and programmes for effective living.

Services Offered
Counselling
Consultation & Clinical Supervision
Training
Public Education

Our Staff
Our Staff are qualified mental health professionals with postgraduate training in psychological counselling, psychotherapy, marital, family and child therapy.

An administrative staff team complements their work.

Contact Person : Executive Director / Administrative Officer
Telephone : 6536 6366
Facsimile : 6536 6356
Email : info@counsel.org.sg

All the best to your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.