Red Cliff

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha...

thats the problem with highly hyped (dont care whether its overhyped)..
people who dont like it will scold until its worth nothing.. hahaha...

haha...

thats the problem with highly hyped historical shows (dont care whether its overhyped)..
people who dont like it will scold until its worth nothing.. hahaha...

ya i really would be very curious if zhang yi mou remakes it..
but i do like his "英雄“ much more than the later work "十面埋伏“...

After watching the movie, I was wondering why they had Liu Bei hug Zhao Yun instead of throwing his baby son onto the floor? The dialog was crappy enough to make me puke.

"Best" was the scene showing the huge fleet of ship travelling to Red Cliff and there was a helicopter in the sky :p

actually the whole show still can watch lah, no that bad.

After watching the movie, I was wondering why they had Liu Bei hug Zhao Yun instead of throwing his baby son onto the floor? The dialog was crappy enough to make me puke.

"Best" was the scene showing the huge fleet of ship travelling to Red Cliff and there was a helicopter in the sky :p

Heh, that's attention to detail for you! :bsmilie:

wah, lookz like many people here watch liao jump down r(e)d cliff :hung:!

Also, when did zhou yu shield the arrow for zhao yun?? Best of the best, Liu Bei never appear in Red Cliff with zhou yu before in the battle.

fast become spoilers already..
gentleman control yourselves!

hahaha

i will support the part 2 for sure.

fast become spoilers already..
gentleman control yourselves!

hahaha

Spoiler? What spoiler? What is there to spoil? The movie is spoiled enough by incompetent directing, writing, acting ...

Will catch part 2. Not really into the history; yes John Woo has made the characters more B&W to make the story more accessible, but can say I enjoyed the fighting scenes.

The movie's actually not bad.

But I don't think it's worth a weekend ticket price.

As for following history, it can't because there's only so much time for the movie and they are already splitting it up into 2 movies. So the compromise is there.

Action scenes are still not too bad.

Guan Yu's very good at "Jie Dao Sha Ren'. lol

But Romance of the Three Kingdoms was at best "sensationalised" history, so to history being accurately depicted is really not the purpose of the film.

the casting is rather poor. especially for the character playing Zhuge Liang.

Status
Not open for further replies.