Red and White Pentax K-x

Xin Chao wazzupku,
oh really? retail store in hcmc is high? damn...was about to go hcmc to look for lens during one of my planned annual trip.
if u need anything in sg can let me know. i can bring over to hcmc for u (but had to wait for my trip to be comfirm).

Xin Chao wazzupku,
oh really? retail store in hcmc is high? damn...was about to go hcmc to look for lens during one of my planned annual trip.
if u need anything in sg can let me know. i can bring over to hcmc for u (but had to wait for my trip to be comfirm).

Most of the things in HCMC are not really cheap, cost of living is quite high. I used to stay there for over 2 years. All these things are considered luxury to the vietnamese, so only rich or well to do can afford such things, they won't not sell it cheaper. However, prices of some products are slowly coming down, but quite still high.
The lenses for pentax is hard to find. 3 weeks ago i was there, and saw some used lenses,
they are selling at almost the same price of new lenses sold in Singapore.
So go there enjoy yourself, don't bother to search for things there, traffic jam and weather very hot, alot of time will be wasted. Just an advise to you.

Most of the things in HCMC are not really cheap, cost of living is quite high. I used to stay there for over 2 years. All these things are considered luxury to the vietnamese, so only rich or well to do can afford such things, they won't not sell it cheaper. However, prices of some products are slowly coming down, but quite still high.
The lenses for pentax is hard to find. 3 weeks ago i was there, and saw some used lenses,
So go there enjoy yourself, don't bother to search for things there, traffic jam and weather very hot, alot of time will be wasted. Just an advise to you.

Just checked with Nguyen Kim, the "popular store" in Vietnam. They have yellow, red and white. The yellow actually is sooooo nice, love it at first sigh :heart:.

But the price is 15mil500 VND, which come to roughly 1,200 SGD lol:sweat:, and that is for the single kit only :sweat::sweat:. So now I know why it is a "so popular store" haha

So yea, Singapore is good place to get it. Vietnam only cheap for low-tech goods, like clothing, shoses, etc.

And thanks heaps Poseur for such a nice offer. One of my mates is coming to SG for holiday, so gonna grab his neck to buy me one ;). They sell genuine (they said it and I have seen it: the quality good) crumpler half photo in VN for only 600K VND, around 50 SGD... If you guys come to VN and need someone whom can speak some english and well-speak vietnamese for you convenience, please let me know. I will be at your service hehe

p/s Is it bang for the buck getting 55-300 lens instead of 50-200? As I know they only have dual lens kit for black T.T

i certianly agree with u about the high price of electronic goods, i used to help my freind bring new laptops over from singapore...and once even a LV bag...ahaa...vn LV is 20% higher then sg.....food is cheap tho...damn i miss those street food bun mi and bun cuong...

Just checked with Nguyen Kim, the "popular store" in Vietnam. They have yellow, red and white. The yellow actually is sooooo nice, love it at first sigh :heart:.

But the price is 15mil500 VND, which come to roughly 1,200 SGD lol:sweat:, and that is for the single kit only :sweat::sweat:. So now I know why it is a "so popular store" haha

So yea, Singapore is good place to get it. Vietnam only cheap for low-tech goods, like clothing, shoses, etc.

And thanks heaps Poseur for such a nice offer. One of my mates is coming to SG for holiday, so gonna grab his neck to buy me one ;). They sell genuine (they said it and I have seen it: the quality good) crumpler half photo in VN for only 600K VND, around 50 SGD... If you guys come to VN and need someone whom can speak some english and well-speak vietnamese for you convenience, please let me know. I will be at your service hehe

p/s Is it bang for the buck getting 55-300 lens instead of 50-200? As I know they only have dual lens kit for black T.T

ya, get the 55-300.....it could last u longer before LBA attack and consume you totally.

Hi wazzupku
Welcome to the rebellion! :)
Fengwei has already kindly pointed you to Gengh's price guide.
You can gauge the prices from there and ask your friend to purchase it at the places listed. Presently SLR Revolution and Manly seem to be very popular as they have stock and low prices but the others like OP also offer friendly service too.
Cheers:)

Hi wazzupku
Welcome to the rebellion! :)
Fengwei has already kindly pointed you to Gengh's price guide.
You can gauge the prices from there and ask your friend to purchase it at the places listed. Presently SLR Revolution and Manly seem to be very popular as they have stock and low prices but the others like OP also offer friendly service too.
Cheers:)

Cheers, I myself is thrilled every time thinking that I am getting the K-x. Fengwei is so nice and helpful :thumbsup:, I already printed the pages and gave to my friends hehe. I will definitely ask my friend to visit SLR and Manly. Anyone knows Mr Quek cellphone?

My friend is going to deal with it and as I know, he defines "friendly service" is from female sale rep only hahaha

Cant wait to get my hand on th K-x

ya, get the 55-300.....it could last u longer before LBA attack and consume you totally.

Sweet, that is what I am getting then ;) Hope to see you in HCM Poseur :)

Mr Quek from Manly is always up to service. His shop no. is (65) 63254868. 26 Temple Street, Chinatown. Or u can E-mail: manly26@singnet.com.sg

I suggest call or email first to ask availability if the K-x, suddenly ur fren pop up no camera also can cry. hahaha.

SLR revo also can do reserve for u. Also better to ask availability. Funan Digitallife mall Tel: (65) 63368767. SLR Revo also has facebook, easy to ask availability if provided u got a facebook acct. if not, email at rayslr.revo@gmail.com

Cheers, I myself is thrilled every time thinking that I am getting the K-x. Fengwei is so nice and helpful :thumbsup:, I already printed the pages and gave to my friends hehe. I will definitely ask my friend to visit SLR and Manly. Anyone knows Mr Quek cellphone?

My friend is going to deal with it and as I know, he defines "friendly service" is from female sale rep only hahaha

Cant wait to get my hand on th K-x

Female only . . . Wait he buy "extra" items then you know . . . :bsmilie:

Hi guys, thanks HEAPS for the info. Going to email Mr Quek now heh. Getting white kx then buy the lens separately. A lil more expensive but the color is too sweet to ignore hehe. You guys areso lucky living in Singapore