recommended tripod for Olympus OMD

jtan4

Nov 29, 2006
I'm a DSLR user, and am using a Gitzo Tripod with a Markins ballhead.

I was thinking of using this for my Oly OMD, but I'll need to get a tripod plate, but I doubt Markins has got a plate for it.

So anyway, any recommendation for a light tripod for my Oly OMD?

Thanks!! =)

Cheers
Jinny

but I'll need to get a tripod plate, but I doubt Markins has got a plate for it.

I use Markins Universal Plate P20 for my Olympus OMD. Fits perfectly.

thumbs up for Sirui too, either T-005 (aluminum, which i have) or T-025 (carbon fiber), both with ball head and collapses to 30cm only, perfect travel tripod.

T025 is the answer. M43 philosophy- light and good.

User of RRS tripods and ball head. Bought the T025 to mate with the OM-D. There was still some play. Bought the T1205 and mated it with the K10X. Much better and marginally longer. Comes with a padded bag and not a nylon pouch without the padding that comes with the T025.

Agreed on T025. Though gonna watch out if you intend to use it with front heavier lenses like 100-300 lenses/voigtlander, the standard ballhead will creep. Really portable though, put it inside my working backpack, ready to go for shoot after work/travel without anyone realizing = priceless...
There's another option, is Velbon Ultrek series if you are tall chap, it's much longer than Sirui T025, but folds shorter than T025. The ballhead not so good though. Just useable. Last leg is thinner than T025 and no center hook to stabilize. Hope that helps

I'm using T-025. It's Greeeeaaaaat!

I am using T005, good enough for me, easy to carry around and besides, my largest lens is 40-150 43 version. Just have to take note that this tripod is not tall.

If you like Gitzo, how about a GT0531? It's stable enough for the E-M5 (with small lenses) and it's really light. A bit on the long side when collapse as it's 3 section.