Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadoreisaac

Nov 8, 2006
Bukit Timah
I'm a super newbie trying to start somewhere in this photography industry, be it as a hobby or professionally. Was wondering is there any websites recommendations for newbies? A website with little words and simplified explanations on how to use a camera and its functions. I've visited many websites but non did manage to make me understand better. Its very complicating indeed. Lets just say i'm a picture person, less words but more pictures and graphic would be easier for me to understand. :)

Isaac

Go to the National Library.

Free, plus not so strenuous on eyes, loads of good books out there.

you may like to attend a lesson instead, lower the learning curve.

can try SLCC.

get a camera and work from them... practical is way better

For the time being, my schedule for next few two months will be quite pack and i'm already intending to join the SLCC course maybe thier next intake. I've tried looking up for books but they are still quite complicated. I guess you guys are right, its best if u start playing with the real thing. Cant wait to get my DSLR. But isn't there really any websites i can read up? Simple ones... hehehe...

I don't understand what you mean though, operation of camera and functions? Are you talking about the more technical aspects? Since to be honest, most people today would not find it hard to use a camera (though I am not being sarcastic if you really do not, just stating a point of view).

If you're looking about information about aperture, shutter speeds..

I know this sticky somewhere by zoosh which is nothing short of excellent:

zoosh's writeup for newcomers

I know it says DSLR on the thread title, but it does provide a pretty good overview for photography. And if you're interested, I remember people mentioning the HWM mega-guide, which can be bought here:

HWM Megaguide site

Happy shooting!

Status
Not open for further replies.