Recommendations/Opinions on EDC pack or travel pack

Ian Sam

Apr 8, 2012
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Fellow honorary member, in need of advice and point of view.

Currently im using a Boblbee Megalopolis backpack as my daily EDC with attachment kit.
It has serve me well since 2008 and now after used and abuse looking for replacement.
Yes, i have used and abuse my backpack since 2008 as im the type that invest on stuff that serve it purpose and durability.

Any recommendations out there that could meet my requirement.
Had tried to look by surveying around local market and check online but seem none that fit my requirement.

Here the list,
1) Able to use everyday (EDC) and bag that could check into airline international/airport friendly. (overseas assignment or trip)
2) Able to fit my MacBook Pro 13" and Full-Frame camera with 2 lens minimum.
3) Able to carry additional stuff like gadget/kits, document and extra clothing worth 2 days. (had experience luggage delay, ending spending extra on clothing)
4) Able to take abuse and harsh environment. (low temp/humid temp)
5) optional (water bladder) room to carry bottle of water

kindly also share on its pricing and places availability.

it would be great if fellow member know of such product and could share, maybe it would also not only benefit me alone but fellow members too.

P.S: In "need" ASAP, not "want" but need.
Cheers

Fellow honorary member, in need of advice and point of view.

Currently im using a Boblbee Megalopolis backpack as my daily EDC with attachment kit.
It has serve me well since 2008 and now after used and abuse looking for replacement.
Yes, i have used and abuse my backpack since 2008 as im the type that invest on stuff that serve it purpose and durability.

Any recommendations out there that could meet my requirement.
Had tried to look by surveying around local market and check online but seem none that fit my requirement.

Here the list,
1) Able to use everyday (EDC) and bag that could check into airline international/airport friendly. (overseas assignment or trip)
2) Able to fit my MacBook Pro 13" and Full-Frame camera with 2 lens minimum.
3) Able to carry additional stuff like gadget/kits, document and extra clothing worth 2 days. (had experience luggage delay, ending spending extra on clothing)
4) Able to take abuse and harsh environment. (low temp/humid temp)
5) optional (water bladder) room to carry bottle of water

kindly also share on its pricing and places availability.

it would be great if fellow member know of such product and could share, maybe it would also not only benefit me alone but fellow members too.

P.S: In "need" ASAP, not "want" but need.
Cheers

Crumpler's "The Aso Outpost". Its $215. Sturdy enough to go for a hike. Yet stylish to be a casual bag pack. It fits all your requirements. Theres a loop for tripod too. Go check it out! They have other models too. Its a new series by crumpler.

Hazard 4 Photo Recon sling bag.

You might want to check out F-stop bags.

Fellow members, appreciate the input.
Had look into few options, recommended.
Will do on-site survey of products, over the weekends.

Hopefully, it fit my need. Will bring along, my kits for fitment test n ergonomics.

On that note, other fellow members kindly provide few more options.

As mentions, I'm the type that don't mind the investment made. So long it meet my requirement n durability over the next few periods/years of harsh environment and usage.

All input, will be positively come into great factors for my upcoming/future assignment either local or overseas.

Cheers.