Recommendations on Printer Profiling Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad part was I actually bought a X-Rite Printer Profiling solution
in 2006 right here in CS via a mass order; but only had the chance to really use it this year. I only used it once in 2006 and never really touched it since then due to work and other priorities.

The problem therefore comes when I try to do it again this year and found that I need to "register" the software. That led to further problems because the XRITE site says I need to enter the EXACT same info; which I had tried to do but obviously something didn't quite match due to the length of time.

Also, when I purchased the system, it was a Monaco EZColor plus Optix system; which was touted as having the abilities to calibrate both monitor and printer. As I didn't have a printer at that time which needed calibration; I didn't explore that feature. However, now I have bought a photo-printer as part of my new workflow and tried to use it; only to find out that the CD included in the package didn't have the EZCOLOR software! There was a ITR8 calibration chart with the package and I thought that was all that was needed (when I checked the box in 2006) but it now turns out I'm wrong.

If someone has the Monaco EzColor Plus Optix and don't mind selling me the software/registration code, that will be good hehe :) I don't need the hardware as I have it already.

Best bang for buck in the long run is colormunki or the older paper profiling devices from x-rite.

Huge bummers...

X-Rite Printer Profiling solution is the one that I am most familiar with. Really not cheap when it first came out in 06.

Colormunki is the next thing that is closest to X-Rite that is from what I've been told.

Just curiously wondering what kind of paper are you profiling....

Oh for now I'm trying to profile Canon Matte Photo Paper on a i4680.

Colormunki is by XRITE also mah...not meh?

Huge bummers...

X-Rite Printer Profiling solution is the one that I am most familiar with. Really not cheap when it first came out in 06.

Colormunki is the next thing that is closest to X-Rite that is from what I've been told.

Just curiously wondering what kind of paper are you profiling....

Status
Not open for further replies.