Recommendations for Film camera w manual

DarkPa1adin

Sep 20, 2009
Hi all,
i wonder if i post this at the correct section, pardon me if i did not.

I would like some recommendations for film camera w manual control like aperture/shutter speed.(hopefully affordable) Feel free to share what kinds of film available.

And does film > xx megapixel?

I really do suggest you try a little bit of research. All Film SLR cameras offer manual control. As for film, go to your neighborhood film development shop, 7-11, etc, and look for the available film.

As for film vs. megapixels, click here:

http://tinyurl.com/22nlhhu

what about film p&s?
btw ur tiny url is pretty awesome :)

There are many film SLRs & compacts out there and quite impossible to list them all here. Check out the buy/sell section and you can find some of them are very affordable. As for types of film ... Google and you can find tons and tons of info and samples from the different film.

Or walk around peninsula mall, cash converters, etc...

Seriously, all the brands have old manual cameras that have manual controls for M, Av, Tv.
It depends on how hard you want to be on yourself as well. There are more modern film cameras that function just like a DSLR except for no LCD preview and it uses film of course. Eg. Pentax MZ series, Minolta Maxxum series, etc
There are more manual ones as well.
Eg. Pentax Spotmatic, ME super, Nikon FM series

There is an advantage for the Pentax film camera in that the lens will be directly usable between SLR and DSLR. (I think its also the case for Minolta > Sony).

Film can be bought in shops in Peninsular.

Last edited:
Ahem...this is a discussion forum.Post your ads in WTS/WTB...

lol, you saw my smiley in my post?
It was in jest

Last edited:
minolta x300s i think. one of the best i ever used. really nice solid build

Why not look for a Nikon FM2 or a FE2. I have an FE2 and it works really well...

I had ( still have actually ) a Canon-A1. Fantastic camera. Has M, Av, Tv & P. Also has Exp Comp and Exp Hold. Can pick them up quite cheaply nowadays as everyone has gone Digital ( I held out for a long time ! ). Lenses also very cheap and good glass. Or maybe consider one of the film EOS range because then if you want to do digital you can interchange the lenses, which are AF.

Ahem...this is a discussion forum.Post your ads in WTS/WTB...

lol, i don't mind if it becomes a WTS/WTB, at least i know what are brands/models to consider, btw how cheap is cheap?(maybe quote a range?) I think even if the body is cheap, the lens may not be cheap, and i'm into street candid/portrait.

lol, i don't mind if it becomes a WTS/WTB, at least i know what are brands/models to consider, btw how cheap is cheap?(maybe quote a range?) I think even if the body is cheap, the lens may not be cheap, and i'm into street candid/portrait.

I believe its against the rules to post BnS here :)
As a rough gauge a Pentax ME Super w/ 50/2 is about $160. Other brands may be cheaper as the lens might not be usable on a DSLR.
Go to the specific BnS sections for the various brands to look at the prices.

please note the WTS post are not allowed outside of the marketplace

i have deleted all offending posts, next one will get an infraction

Last edited:
or an f100 for less than a song, my fav film slr :bsmilie: