Recommendations for a tripod

ctzeh

Jan 29, 2012
Dear bros and sis,

I'm looking to buy a tripod that can go lower than my current tripod (currently my tripod can go a minimum of about 45 cm only). I'm hoping to purchase one that can go as low as 20 cm. It doesn't matter if it cannot extend too high up (about 1.20 m will be good enough).

My setup is only about 1 kg. The tripod should preferably be as light as possible and easy to extend and collapse. It should also allow for the camera to be mounted in portrait mode. It does not need to have videography specific features cos I do not take videos.

Cost should preferably be less than $100.

Really appreciate any recommendations.

Warmest Regards
Hong

In many tripods, the center column can be reverse mounted

Agree that one solution is to reverse mount the centre column such that your camera is upside down.

Otherwise doubt you can find good tripods below $100 unless you get it second hand. If you can increase your budget a bit can check out Sirui TX series.

Mounting the camera in portrait mode sounds more like a job for the correct head for the tripod

very tall order for $100 budget. and 20cm is very low.

option 1: buy a table pod

option 2: buy a super clamp and clamp it to your existing tripod with using your existing tripod head.

option 3: DIY.

Ground-Pod-Photo-2.jpg

http://digital-photography-school.com/a-project-for-the-new-year-how-to-make-a-diy-ground-pod/

and also the best way to shoot in portrait orientation is using a camera L plate, else you will need a very sturdy tripod head, it is either more bulky or more expensive.

When you reverse the centre colume to go as low as 20cm, the camera is mounted upside down, are you able to operate your camera upsize down?

very tall order for $100 budget. and 20cm is very low.

option 1: buy a table pod

option 2: buy a super clamp and clamp it to your existing tripod with using your existing tripod head.

option 3: DIY.

Ground-Pod-Photo-2.jpg

http://digital-photography-school.com/a-project-for-the-new-year-how-to-make-a-diy-ground-pod/

and also the best way to shoot in portrait orientation is using a camera L plate, else you will need a very sturdy tripod head, it is either more bulky or more expensive.

good idea....

Thank you all for your replies!