Recommendation for Camera + Labtop Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

illustrious

Dec 3, 2003
SK
claudia.sg
Am looking for a suitable bag that can hold a list of stuff that I need daily. (13" macbook + D40 + books/files + mp3 + the usuals lah)

Used a crumpler and lowepro b4. Didn't quite like them. Either too big or too hard for comfort.

Need one tat matches the office kind of attire and the casual jeans n tshirt kind too.

Size just nice to fit all those i need and not too big for someone standing at 1.7m.

Any recommendation?

Would be great if you could give me a link or two to your suggested model.

Greatly appreciate all your help.

I have a laptop backpack, is there something like 'inserts' that can be used to store the camera in my laptop backpack?

hard to have a all-for-all kind of bag, i think you just gotta have a collection, then switch as and when you need, thats the best way :)

personally using a crumpler barney, found it got its pros and cons too, so from time to time will switch to a olympus camera bag.

thanks all for the posts. will go out and look for an urban. hope there's still stock left.

i don't own this backpack, but i had kinda remembered seeing this post. did a search for the words "sports connection" and found this post.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=183684&highlight=sports+connection

you can take a look and see if it suits your requirement.
cheers

oh i think i have that one. :bsmilie: bought it long long ago when i had my prosumer cam..still use it occasionally till today... but kinda looking for a sling camera bag like a crumpler now... :)

after consulting with friends, i think a sling bag would be better. backpack will jus hurt my back even more (with slipped disc now).

so a crumpler maybe.. hmmm...

after consulting with friends, i think a sling bag would be better. backpack will jus hurt my back even more (with slipped disc now).

so a crumpler maybe.. hmmm...

well, not necessarily. i carried a D70 + D200 w/grip ( with 2 lenses and a flash) in my sling camera bag once and it nearly took my shoulder off, but when i carried it in my bag it was at least manageable..

i think it wouldn't cost more than $120 when it is available locally..

but the backpack weighs ur back more than a shoulder bag right? i would rather i've shoulder pain than to over burden my lowerback with a backpack. correct me if i'm wrong.

Backpack distributes the weight evenly on both your shoulders; Shoulder bag concentrates the entire load on a single shoulder. So basically a backpack is better than a shoulder bag. The only downside of a backpack is it gets pretty hot cos of too much surface contact with your body.

I have the urban bag, a grey coloured one, and it's pretty decent for the price... there are only 2 inserts in the compartment so you can't change the organisation much... it gets abit hot after carrying for some time, but that is the case for most bags with alot of padding on the back, which is of course useful and comfortable (the padding, not the heat)... people are always surprized when I whip out an dslr from its confines as it doesn't look like a camera bag... :)

unfortunately, the last few times I have been to a sports connection shop, it doesn't seem to be available any more...

By the way, does anyone know whether Kata bags are now available? The Kata R103 would be ideal. How much would this cost???

My piece of advice would be....carry your camera and laptop separately
It's very inconvenient to carry both in one bag, especially if you have several lenses or camera bodies, it's a real burden.

But unless you're willing to lug it around town(I did..in a several occasion) I use the Lowepro Computrekker Plus, it's big, heavy, comes in black, and have a comfortable padding(although at the end of the day it won't really matter at all, you're shoulder would still aches from the weight)

And oh yeah one more thing, it's not stylish...it was made to be a professional equipments not some fashion attire so it's a hard choice

Status
Not open for further replies.