Recommendation for Camera Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where to ask this but uh, how to fit my D300 with 17-50mm attached, 50mm f1.8 and a SB900 in a 6 million dollar bag? Is it okay if I put D300 with 17-50mm facing downwards in the bag?

It won't damage the lens?

not if u dont put the lens cap on b4 putting it into the bag.

Not true. I keep my lenses face down in my camera bags without lens caps all the time; it's faster on the draw. The only times I cap them are when I'm sure I won't be shooting (i.e. just transporting lenses to shooting location for a shoot there). Most of the time, if there is any impact, a lens cap is not going to help any.

Not true. I keep my lenses face down in my camera bags without lens caps all the time; it's faster on the draw. The only times I cap them are when I'm sure I won't be shooting (i.e. just transporting lenses to shooting location for a shoot there). Most of the time, if there is any impact, a lens cap is not going to help any.

Well it ok also, but then again the possibility of the lens glass touching and rubbing against the inside of the bag is there, dust or oil inside the bag if any can get rub onto the lens (agree?) unless your cam bag is very deep and the partition pads are lifting the camera well off from the bottom of the bag.

Well it ok also, but then again the possibility of the lens glass touching and rubbing against the inside of the bag is there, dust or oil inside the bag if any can get rub onto the lens (agree?) unless your cam bag is very deep and the partition pads are lifting the camera well off from the bottom of the bag.

So, when I put the camera with lens faced down, the lens (with or without cap) shouldn't touch the bottom of the bag?

A little bit of dust or oil won't damage the lens, and unless your camera bag inserts are made of plastic or rubber, I think you should be fine. I've been doing this with over five different camera bags, from Domke, Crumpler, Think Tank, and Kata, and to date, no incidents.

I won't say it's luck, because it's just common sense, but it's definitely not paranoia.

I suggest you buy a bag like lowepro AW which can accomodate two cameras, two lenses and a flash unit. Many of them regretted after buying a bag which is too small.

you could also check out this brand : Godspeed. Try searching for it in bns. there is someone who brings them in.

They are also good "normal" looking bags. I own 2, very happy with them.

you could also check out this brand : Godspeed. Try searching for it in bns. there is someone who brings them in.

They are also good "normal" looking bags. I own 2, very happy with them.

They look pretty cool but zero reviews online, how strong is it and stuff?

I would recommend you Lowepro Stealth Reporter D100AW. Can add more pouches later on for your additional lens and flash.

8z4hz9.jpg

I bought the Lowepro Slipside 300 recently fm OP. Tested it on my trip to the museum last saturday. Like the feel of it.

How about the lowepro slingshot.
I used it initially for my 400D+gripe+ 17-55mm lens + 550 exflash + 50mm lens.

Even now with a 5Dmkii + 70-200mm f2.8 + 24-70mm f2.8 + 550 ex flash it still fits fine. Intact I just carry these with me for a shot this morning!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.