Recommendation for a rugged outdoor bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

cereal

Apr 6, 2005
Singapore
darylsoh74.blogspot.com
Hi, I am looking for a rugged camera bag. The bag should be able to put in a P&S camera and a DSLR with lens fitted, with some space for additional lens and accessories.. would be best if I can tied a small tripod to it also.. any recommendation and price for such a bag?

Thanks in advance

ill make a plug for the tamrac expedition series. have one that ive banged about and its taken all of it in its stride. they have different sizes so you can choose something appropriate for your needs. also, you can clip your tripod on so you dont have to mess with it with your hands.

drawbacks: slow access to equipment (need to take off, unclip tripod, if you mount the tripod in the center, and unzip bag), hip straps are more like waist straps.

if the expedition series is too big, lowepro has smaller hiking bags. minitreker is one that might interest you.

cereal said:
Hi, I am looking for a rugged camera bag. The bag should be able to put in a P&S camera and a DSLR with lens fitted, with some space for additional lens and accessories.. would be best if I can tied a small tripod to it also.. any recommendation and price for such a bag?

Thanks in advance
Lowepro Mini trekker. Dump my 300D with Kit lens, sigma APO 70-300MM, coolpix 885, 420EX, 50MM f1.8, panny camcoder GS200 and a velbon tripod all in this bag :D

how about krumpler?

fellow cser can better advice you if you can provide :

1) $$ budget
2) your set up (you may have diff. setup for diff. types of photo shoot outting, just list them down).
3) backpack or sling bag (some sling bag can be converted to back pack using a harness. some backpack's lower compartment (for camera) can be detach to become sling bag, its top side is just a regular backpack).
4) do you need a all weather series

Status
Not open for further replies.