Recommend me a 2-3 piece speaker system

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be a better alternative. If you can increase your speaker budget, then you can consider the likes of Klipsch or Aego M.

tot Klipsh is well above $200 for 2.1ch sound? :dunno:

My current speaker, which replace my Midiland 8200, is a X-Fi with L3800. CPU speed improves on gaming as the Sound Processor takes away some "jobs". X-Fi really a good investment.

As for my Midiland 8200, I using it for my Home theater system but I found that I need to upgrade soon. After upgrade, this unit will be in my room for music only. ;)

so from your point of view, can i say that i should forgo the idea of getting the sound card and pay more for a good pair of speakers then ?
yeah man. :D good speakers on standard onboard AC97 chipsets are cable of some good music enjoyment.

i used to o ga ga over creative sound cards, but now on board cards I feel are just as good..

ok. from so many suggestions. i will just forgo the upgrade of the onboard sound then.

and i will dump my Audigy 2 and 6.1 then..... (who wants my them ?? :sticktong )

i will now look into soundsticks and creature II,

but no offence, the creature II looks kinda puny ? :bsmilie: the speakers are so small. :bsmilie:

i like the soundsticks.... i have the cover the subwoofer.. haha... used to be manufactuered in singapore. hahaha.. i have about 6 pieces.. :sticktong maybe can customise it.

soundsticks look good.......

creative products tend to be rather lasting ? i dun know. but i know my speakers lasted me at least 6 years before having "microprocessor" problems..

yeah man. :D good speakers on standard onboard AC97 chipsets are cable of some good music enjoyment.

hmmmm.... sometimes they have problems la... like now.. i am listening music from my seinheisser ONE sided from the front panel i/O headphones jack... :cry:

hmmmm.... sometimes they have problems la... like now.. i am listening music from my seinheisser ONE sided from the front panel i/O headphones jack... :cry:

Keep your audigy.

Run a digital coaxial cable to this set of babies...

Keep your audigy.

Run a digital coaxial cable to this set of babies...

the audigy is down leh.... :sweat:

i will need to check if it works again prolly next week when i reformat my comp again.

the speakers look good... but my table so small..... :angel:

2nd this!

As for choice of speakers..we can come up with 101 good recommendations..but most importantly is u must hear it for urself..every speakers has its own capabilities..some are better on the mid-range, and some are better with the low frequencies..and everyone of us has a unique listening experience..do go down to shops like the challenger at funan for some test listening..1 advise is never get speakers build with plastic..:bsmilie:

try sonic gear la...cheap and good.

this is a good read thou.. but with no conculsions... posts say bose is overpriced etc etc.

while some is recommending the hifi kind of setup (which i did before and now i want to do away with all the wirings...)

plastics casings make bass sound hollow.... and etc.

so now....

confused.

if talking about woodgrain speakers... sonicgear has a model which has woodgrain casing. (how much i dunno yet)

so it boils down to Altec Lansing, JBL (which many has dumped) and some other brands.

If TS also intend to get a good soudcard, it'll cost him 100+ at least. So if he decide not to go for a new soundcard, then he'll be able to increase his budget to 200+.

true hor, i oso spent "a little" above my budget last time. :bsmilie:

Creature II is small in size like Bose? :embrass:

time for u to head for d shops to seriously audition! :vhappy:

this is a good read thou.. but with no conculsions... posts say bose is overpriced etc etc.

while some is recommending the hifi kind of setup (which i did before and now i want to do away with all the wirings...)

plastics casings make bass sound hollow.... and etc.

so now....

confused.

if talking about woodgrain speakers... sonicgear has a model which has woodgrain casing. (how much i dunno yet)

so it boils down to Altec Lansing, JBL (which many has dumped) and some other brands.

i'm using the wood grain one, that is why i am recommending it. If you are still pondering, actually it may help if you walk in to Chanllenger store, they have all the speakers there for you to try one by one. I did just that, and found the sonic one the most to my liking with 'warm' sounds. It's $69. much cheaper than a lot of other 'premium' brands

i will head down to challenger store and look see look see....

sonic gear ? okok... thanks sjourn.

i think i drop by on thursday afternoon then...:bsmilie:

true hor, i oso spent "a little" above my budget last time. :bsmilie:

Creature II is small in size like Bose? :embrass:

time for u to head for d shops to seriously audition! :vhappy:

that day i saw the creature 2 over at the apple showroom at funan centre.

IIRC, rather small leh.. not like bose. but just small... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.