Status
Not open for further replies.

gneseew

Sep 4, 2002
Visit site
Can you guys recommend me a lightweight tripod ?? Requirements as below :

Price : Lower the better. in the range of SGD 400
Height : Around 180cm. plus minus..

I have Manfrotto 701RC2, will be using this head with the tripod. I'll be using Panasonic DVX 102 on it... roughly add up to 4Kg with all accessories. Wanted something easy to set up without spreaders.

currently I've tested 2 models, manfrotto 055 carbon series, and also Velbon Sherpa (don't really remember the model but it's very tall one). Would love to have manfrotto as it's very tough built.. but the pricing is on the high side... please recommend me something if u have experience using them.

Have you tested Benro ? There is a shop at the ground floor of Peninsula Shopping Centre selling them.

Last edited:
Can you guys recommend me a lightweight tripod ?? Requirements as below :

Price : Lower the better. in the range of SGD 400
Height : Around 180cm. plus minus..

I have Manfrotto 701RC2, will be using this head with the tripod. I'll be using Panasonic DVX 102 on it... roughly add up to 4Kg with all accessories. Wanted something easy to set up without spreaders.

currently I've tested 2 models, manfrotto 055 carbon series, and also Velbon Sherpa (don't really remember the model but it's very tall one). Would love to have manfrotto as it's very tough built.. but the pricing is on the high side... please recommend me something if u have experience using them.

are you using it for run & gun shoot or stay on the spot event/production shoot.

for stay on the spot, the manfrotto will be good. run & gun, the manfrotto is slightly bulky.

Have you tested Benro ? There is a shop at the ground floor of Peninsula Shopping Centre selling them.

Ya.. tested benro. found that benro has it's pro in the pricing... but a bit uncomfortable with the rotating lock on most of the tripods... Would prefer manfrotto's locking mechanism on the legs.. works faster and looks more sturdier to me.

are you using it for run & gun shoot or stay on the spot event/production shoot.

for stay on the spot, the manfrotto will be good. run & gun, the manfrotto is slightly bulky.

Not fully into run and gun.. but should be like this : Set up tripod on a certain place. moves around with the tripod a few times to facilitate shooting as most of the time shooting alone. And need the lightweightness so that I won't feel so burden and lazy carrying so many gears around. easy to travel.

Love your cameras? Having trouble trying to clean those dust filled crevices? Afraid to wash them under water? Here's the answer!

Cyberclean $15 - For fuss free cleaning of cameras and other high tech gadgets! No solution involved, no risk of spoiling your expensive equipments!

Please visit http://www.kittystar.net/2009/03/cyberclean.html for more information.

Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.