Recommend Light Bulbs to use with studio tent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wai said:

then how u know "Use 3 of them, can even do f16 @ ISO 100 with decent shutter."

;p

Alright, i do shoot my fishes ranging from a mere 30W to 55W *2 compact fluroescent. But there is no tent meaning no loss and my subjects are kinda different. You guys can use tripod, most of my fishes don't stay still and i cannot use a tripod as i want them to connect so gotta move around.

DCA, what happened? :D

tio pian as in you say use 3 of them can do f16 @ iso 100 but u never buy... duh...

anyway i haven go to ikea to buy the e27 light stand, i think i would need 1 small stand, 1 normal stand, & 1 clip version, cos 1 at the bottom of the tent, 1 at the back, 1 above clip onto the boom that i have. den wat am i gonna do with my 3 flash unit? hehhe... and am i going to use the 2 reflector in the tent? hiak hiak... wait for my updates with pictures...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
tio pian as in you say use 3 of them can do f16 @ iso 100 but u never buy... duh...

:devil:

You don't use tripod or what when shooting?

I have two 60W bulbs, both is 230V/ R63(Is this the colour temperature rating?)

However, the Osram brand one is quite a bit brighter(at least 20%) than the other(dunno what brand). Why does this happen? I am using both blulbs on the same lamp model.

Tracker said:
I have two 60W bulbs, both is 230V/ R63(Is this the colour temperature rating?)

However, the Osram brand one is quite a bit brighter(at least 20%) than the other(dunno what brand). Why does this happen? I am using both blulbs on the same lamp model.

It's like that. 60W is the power consumed by the bulb. In this case, the circuitry is built-in so it also depends on that. Actual output efficiency depends on coating and stuff.

2100 said:
It's like that. 60W is the power consumed by the bulb. In this case, the circuitry is built-in so it also depends on that. Actual output efficiency depends on coating and stuff.

So in order to get both lamps to be of even brightness, i have to get two blulbs of the same model right?

Btw what does the R63 mean? Is it the temperature rating? how many K is it?

Tracker said:
So in order to get both lamps to be of even brightness, i have to get two blulbs of the same model right?

u should use all lamps with same model, cos if any uneven lighting will cause u quite some time to rectify the problem. so to solve the simple problem, just spend abit more and get all the same lights.

i haven have time to take pics... :sweatsm:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
anyway i haven go to ikea to buy the e27 light stand

e27??

The one i am using is like this...but black one

tertial_lamp_big.jpg

http://www.ikea.com.sg/products/product_display.asp?id=807

$12 only :D

Tracker said:

It's always best to get bulbs of the same model. Brightness is not so much of an issue lar, it's the different colour temperature. Colour temperature is measured in K or Kelvins. 2000K is the approx temp of a candle/normal low wattage incandescent bulb, 3200K is halogen, cool daylight tubes are in the region of high 5000K or 6000K region.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
dunno... 1 number diff, wanna try?

if confirm the KES one is E27, it will fit, unless the base is too big?

the bulbs i am using now are E27 too, and they fit this stand

i am going down now to take a look....they will let u exchange if it dont fit right?

Wai said:
if confirm the KES one is E27, it will fit, unless the base is too big?

the bulbs i am using now are E27 too, and they fit this stand

i am going down now to take a look....they will let u exchange if it dont fit right?

i only complain sala color nia...

oh ya, just behind the counter there is a unused socket, insist that you wish to test the lamp

just went to buy 3 of the ikea lights, went around looking for the best holder, end up, still the one intro by wai looks the best, i think i need to lay a layer of aluminium foil as reflector. but overall... i think the tertial got the biggest reflector.

tomorrow will go office earlier, tape 1 to the boom, 1 clip on the back, & another underneath to test, if ok, den buy another 2 on the sides... perfect... illumination on 5 sides... 1 side for camera...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
tomorrow will go office earlier, tape 1 to the boom, 1 clip on the back, & another underneath to test, if ok, den buy another 2 on the sides... perfect... illumination on 5 sides... 1 side for camera...

Do tell us what is the exposure at ISO 100 f16 (or similarly f8 also can @ 200) with the 5 lights right up next to the cloth. :D

2100 said:
Do tell us what is the exposure at ISO 100 f16 (or similarly f8 also can @ 200) with the 5 lights right up next to the cloth. :D

i test f8 @ iso 64, with my 2 flash unit, 1 top 1 bottom, already can get about 1/500 liao lor... and 1/2 power somemore... now i just need this to have continuous light, easier for me to see & shoot. no need to even set white balance to flash. :think:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i test f8 @ iso 64, with my 2 flash unit, 1 top 1 bottom, already can get about 1/500 liao lor... and 1/2 power somemore... now i just need this to have continuous light, easier for me to see & shoot. no need to even set white balance to flash. :think:

Eh...flash different lar bro. Flash depends on aperture, not the shutter speed.
You use 2 flashes and shoot at 1/125 and 1/1000 (assuming optical slave and can sync, usually can) for ISO64/f8 and they will probably look the same. :D Besides, even small flashes are real powerful when used correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.