Recommend good pizza places please

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaywalk

Aug 11, 2005
Wondering if anyone can recommend places for good pizza in Singapore, especially those lighter on the wallet, but all recommendations welcome. :) I've had pizza in Italy, New York and California, so it's a torture to eat those from Pizza Hut. ;)

Tried at one PastaMania yesterday. The crust was all right, but that pizza hardly had any tomato sauce on it! :sticktong

there is this pizza place at orchard parade hotel,nx to the starbucks coffee..

But is it "higher class" restaurant,so expect to pay abit more than pizza hut..

they got a 20" pizza which is easier on the wallet.

There's a great italian pizza restaurant called Spizza, they have one of the nicest pizza in town IMO. They use the traditional firewood ovens to bake their very thin pizza crust, very delicious crust really! Can visit their website at http://www.spizza.sg/

The one I tried was at Club Street, highly recommended. Not trying to advertise though.

Pizza Pazza
Anchorpoint , Oscars Food Court
They have quite nice pizza... if you dont mind the food court setting.
Otherwise its quite good

Just got recommendation for Sarpino and California Pizza Kitchen. :)

I laid my eyes on a Pizza Hut pizza today...zero tomato sauce. One of those mutation things. :sticktong

ah! great thread!

One pizza i really love is the mushroom pizza in NYDC. Really very nice!

And if you want some exotic stuffs, a good friend of mine recommended this to me.. I scribbled it on a postit few weeks ago:

'Black truffles & mascarpone cheese pizza' in Pizza Bar, situated in one of Holland Village back lanes. Pizza is reasonable priced, around S$20 enough for 2pax.

I personally haven't try it yet, so perhaps you can consider it :)
FYI, from what my friend said, truffles is a kind of 'rare/expensive' black mushroom not easily grown like those normal ones. I think it's from France, farmers use dogs and pigs to sniff them from the soil and they dig it out from there. OK pls correct me if i'm wrong ;)

Cheers!

When find a place that makes pizza like those in New York, please tell us where it is.

Pizza da Donato at Sixth Avenue is my top choice, and its easy on the wallet.. yumyum.. ;p

GDSNP said:
Pizza da Donato at Sixth Avenue is my top choice, and its easy on the wallet.. yumyum.. ;p
When I saw that your location is Australia, got a bit worried if it's a recommendation for Singapore. :bsmilie:

Found the restaurant's one-page web site, http://www.pizzadadonato.com.sg/ , Sixth Avenue and Bukit Timah. :)

Best I had:

Modestos at ORchard Parade hotel is the best!!

NYDC is pretty good too

Spizza is great!

Pizza Hut sucks big time

Pregos at Raffles City is absolute heaven

there one called Oishi Pizza..

its not bad..
the one i prefer and i find to be best is their beef pizaa..

Thumbs up for Spizza too......................mmmmmmmmmmmmmm nice.....................:heart:

Parchiao said:
When find a place that makes pizza like those in New York, please tell us where it is.

The nearest one I can think of is Sbarro in KLIA :sweatsm: But the price also very :thumbsup:

e taglio is e best ive had so far...but there is change of management but its e same menu.its at wisma.for vegetarian pizza e pete's place at hyatt;p

glensky said:
e taglio is e best ive had so far...but there is change of management but its e same menu.its at wisma.for vegetarian pizza e pete's place at hyatt;p
Where is Taglio? I'm noting down all the recommended places, hehe. :)

There is 1 in Goldhill, the name is Alfono(I think the name is right), and another branch in East Coast.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
U giving treat to us issit? :bsmilie:
Har? :sweat: What's the occasion? :sticktong

Sorry glensky, reread your post and realised you said it's at Wisma. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.