Recommend: Good Graphic Card for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner

Jan 24, 2002
Visit site
Hi there,
can anyone here recommend me a good graphic card which are able to support Dell 24inch LCD monitor via the DVI input?

This graphic card should be able to support gaming, movie playback and most importantly graphic processing work.

Currently, I'm using the RADEON 9600 which can't support the new DVI of my new LCD.

The budget I'm looking at should be around SG$400.

Many Thanks. ;)

:angel: 400 dollars budget buy the one that is priced closest to 400 dollars lor.... a 100 dollar card cannot compare with a 400 dollar card one lah...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
btw any reason y it can't work with your screen? or u need dual DVI?

Currently, the LCD monitor is connected to the PC VIA the analog monitor cable.
I would want to get the best out of the LCD monitor, therefore I would want to use the DVI.

My current graphic card can only support the older version of the DVI.

last time 9600 also cost b4 400... hehe... tat time i bought... like more than 2 years ago... ;p

anyway, dunno if i get slammed here... maybe u can look for a AGP Quadro or FireGL card... 128mb maybe can get around 400++ but i doubt can play games...

(anyway, i wondering also, i am thinking of doing 3D animation & 3D graphics 2D output, is a low end Quadro or FireGL, better than a mid high end Gaming card?)

ortega said:
yes bcoz they have dedicated drivers for the software

correct me if i am wrong

so its better to get a quadro or a firegl?

pciexpress type ex man... think i buy 1 install on my old system... poor man...

7800GTX. But that's a little over your budget. 6800GT should fix into your budget. I'm a competitive gamer myself so roughly i would know your needs. And it's sufficient for your gfx processing needs. Sorry if i get the gfx cards model wrong.

Koelsch said:
7800GTX. But that's a little over your budget. 6800GT should fix into your budget. I'm a competitive gamer myself so roughly i would know your needs. And it's sufficient for your gfx processing needs. Sorry if i get the gfx cards model wrong.

To be frank, if the investment is justificable, I don't mind spending more than that.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.