Recommandation for camera to shoot children

Status
Not open for further replies.

justicelegal

Jul 21, 2009
Hi I want to have a easy to use camera to take photos of my two daughters. They are quite young now one 3 the other 4 and is quite active. Can anyone recommand one with good colour and video mode for me? Thanks so much for your help!

Hi I want to have a easy to use camera to take photos of my two daughters. They are quite young now one 3 the other 4 and is quite active. Can anyone recommand one with good colour and video mode for me? Thanks so much for your help!

are you looking for DSLR or PNS?

are you looking for DSLR or PNS?

What is DSLR and PNS? Sorry I not very knowledgable about camera. I just want simple easy to use one with nice colour can already and can shoot my children run about.

PNS = Point and Shoot camera. The small box-like or slim pocket cameras. That's what you are looking for. Forget about anything bigger than the small ones that you can stuff into a handbag without ripping off the handle. But, even if you just want to press only one button you should spend some short time to learn about taking pictures. The cameras are getting smarter, indeed. But a) they cannot read your mind; b) there are limitations by physics (valid for light, lenses, sensors) and c) it's quite easy to improve images and make other people go "Wow!" by understanding a bit more about the camera, what it does and why. Otherwise you might just get frustrated because the results are not what you expect.
(Ok, the "Wow!" factor is supposed to come a Nikon D3 ... apologize for borrowing here ;) )

DSLR - Digital Single Lens Reflex
PNS - Point and shoot

If you're not that into photography, but want a good camera, I'd recommend you either the Panasonic G1 or Sony A330. Those two have some of the fastest liveview systems around, which would help greatly in taking children pictures. If you wish to know more than that then I'm afraid you'll have to do some research for yourself.

What is DSLR and PNS? Sorry I not very knowledgable about camera. I just want simple easy to use one with nice colour can already and can shoot my children run about.

Maybe try the different online reviews? Read the pros and cons of different cameras and you can judge it.

DSLR: It's the Digital Single Reflex Lens camera. The "pro-look" camera, named by people who are not really in photography.
PnS: The common digital compact camera.

If you don't have any knowledge abt camera or DSLR.

I felt you just use PNS (Point and Shot)
is very easy to use.

Since you also mentioned that your Kids are very active.
I would recomm you this camera high speed EXILIM abt the shot 30 frame per sec.

http://www.highspeedcasio.com/cameras.shtml

Hope this will helps..

Hi I want to have a easy to use camera to take photos of my two daughters. They are quite young now one 3 the other 4 and is quite active. Can anyone recommand one with good colour and video mode for me? Th

anks so much for your help!

I would suggest you go for an entry level DSLR. Most PnS will not be able to "catch up" with your kids. There are enough examples in this forum when parents change from PnS to DSLR to overcome that limitation. And if you take a good part of your fotos indoor, then there is more reason to go for DSLR as most PnS dont do well indoors.

If you really choose PnS and if your kids do a lot of water play, then go for Olympus, as it is one of the very few that is water resistance.

As you can see, lots of choice for different purpose....sorry to confuse you:sweat:

Look for those compact camera model with track focus like LX3 or DLUX4. Track focus once locked will keep the moving object in focus without shifting the camera.

But I won't use camera to shoot children, it is illegal. I would take photo of them. Just joking :bsmilie:

or u can try the AK-47....

it was made to shoot
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.