the colors are brilliant......

pic are sharp........

did u use prime lens for these pics?

:thumbsup: for great colors
:thumbsup: for great composition
:thumbsup: for great perception
:thumbsup: for great imagination
:thumbsup: for everything else

by the way, did u have to run after taking #5?? it looks like it is going to rain HEAVILY

Thanks for all your thoughts and comments :)

less dramatic, but no less deserving of merit
i always wanted to ask, am fan of your photoblog, i must say
where is #1 taken?

Hey thanks man. As CYRN mentioned.. that's taken at ECP, just about 50m east from McDonalds. You can't miss the fishing pier but the stone slabs are more visible at low tide. You can even go down to the stones but be careful cos it's slippery.

There's a similar structure near the seafood centre. But getting down to those slabs will take some doing...

the colors are brilliant......

pic are sharp........

did u use prime lens for these pics?

by the way, did u have to run after taking #5?? it looks like it is going to rain HEAVILY

I use a sigma 10-20mm zoom mostly. The 10mm end is surprisingly sharp.

#5 was taken at changi. That was a quite surreal scene but I wished I could have taken it better. It was minutes after sunrise when low-lying rainclouds came surging from the west. It began to drizzle a little but I was staring intently due east, hoping the sun will hit the rim or peek through a gap in the clouds. Unfortunately it poured shortly after that and I had to take cover.

I love to watch weather changes like that. There were numerous times where I would just watch the weather without even taking my camera out of the bag.. :bsmilie:

Thanks for all your thoughts and comments :)

I use a sigma 10-20mm zoom mostly. The 10mm end is surprisingly sharp.

wow....impressive piece of lens IMO..... paired with your skills and perception......priceless

#5 was taken at changi. That was a quite surreal scene but I wished I could have taken it better. It was minutes after sunrise when low-lying rainclouds came surging from the west. It began to drizzle a little but I was staring intently due east, hoping the sun will hit the rim or peek through a gap in the clouds. Unfortunately it poured shortly after that and I had to take cover.

I love to watch weather changes like that. There were numerous times where I would just watch the weather without even taking my camera out of the bag.. :bsmilie:

but your pic was GREAT all the same..... it gave a sense of urgency.....makes me want to run........haha :sweatsm:

maybe when u go out shooting landscape again.... let me know so i can learn...hehe

you got me at the first picture.. :heart:

i'm soooo gona be worshipping ur photoblog dude..
*drools*

maybe when u go out shooting landscape again.... let me know so i can learn...hehe

well..i do run workshops and informal sharing sessions with another CSer here (hazmee). Mostly landscape photography.. and post production techniques. I'll keep you in the loop if there's one coming up soon :)

you got me at the first picture.. :heart:

i'm soooo gona be worshipping ur photoblog dude..
*drools*

Hehe.. thanks. :embrass: The blog's updated once or twice a week.. so you might wanna subscribe to its RSS. :)

#3 Ritual
735663586_a5f3352068_o.jpg

are those people wearing sarong? it looks like it is taken elsewhere in indonesia or malaysia.... but you said it is taken in sg. does malays here practise rituals at the beach?

pardon for my ignorance.

by the way, i like this the most, and the negative space (#4) the least. somehow i prefer a softer image for the negative space, and is not used to sharp silhouette of leafy trees.

are those people wearing sarong? it looks like it is taken elsewhere in indonesia or malaysia.... but you said it is taken in sg. does malays here practise rituals at the beach?

pardon for my ignorance.

I've left out the descriptive of this photo:

At daybreak, a group of Hindu devotees headed out to sea to perform a sacred ritual.

So they are Indian Hindus actually and you can see them sometimes at Changi Beach. The ceremony starts at pre-dawn until first light, when they will perform the final ritual in the sea. In the waters, they will throw a clay pot over their shoulders and remove their dhotis. Even after asking my Indian friends, I've yet to fully understand the significance of it. Perhaps our Hindu readers may help to enlighten us more about this.

There are similiar cleansing ceremonies in parts of Indonesia and Malaysia perform by non-Hindu Malays and Indonesians. These are remnants of our Hindu heritage and are not widely practiced anymore.

At daybreak, a group of Hindu devotees headed out to sea to perform a sacred ritual.

So they are Indian Hindus actually and you can see them sometimes at Changi Beach. The ceremony starts at pre-dawn until first light, when they will perform the final ritual in the sea. In the waters, they will throw a clay pot over their shoulders and remove their dhotis. Even after asking my Indian friends, I've yet to fully understand the significance of it. Perhaps our Hindu readers may help to enlighten us more about this.

There are similiar cleansing ceremonies in parts of Indonesia and Malaysia perform by non-Hindu Malays and Indonesians. These are remnants of our Hindu heritage and are not widely practiced anymore.
hmmm changi point. i'ev heard that hindus go there to scatter the ashes of their dead into the sea.

is it a frequent thing, once in a while thing, or once per year thing?

hmmm changi point. i'ev heard that hindus go there to scatter the ashes of their dead into the sea.

I think you're right bro.. that explains the pot.. they do look like urns.

Where exactly does this take place at changi beach? I am interested in taking a look for myself.:)

Pictures #1 #2 #4 #8 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

some images though looks like it was taken outside of SG

Where exactly does this take place at changi beach? I am interested in taking a look for myself.:)

The stretch of beach is before the SAF terminal, if you're heading towards Changi Village.

Great pics bro.

Pictures #1 #2 #4 #8 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

some images though looks like it was taken outside of SG

Thank you :)

Nice series brother. I like some of your HDR images...picture 3 for sure. :)

Thanks Bro. No HDR in these set though, maybe I'll include some in the next post.

Status
Not open for further replies.