Recall of Nikon EN-EL3 Batteries...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a battery from USM, with batch code 32J. This is totally different from the 4XXX series that is listed in the Nikon site. Any idea if this is a fake product?

mine oso not 4 digit leh..but 32X

so can change anot ah?

Walao ... recently damn suay ... within 3 mth go shiro hse 3 time ... 1. clean sensor 2. replace dunno what SQ base unit &connecting FPC(defective) 3. now ... must go change batt ... boring! :(

Hehe how about I give you my non-affected batteries to swap for your affected batteries then I go down and change to new ones for myself? :) :)

eikin said:
well, that means your battery is not affected, isn't that good? i hate going down to the service centre as it is inconveniently located for non-drivers :(

erictan8888 said:
wonder how to inform the other users this affected battery but do not come to CS....

poor thing if one day they go shooting and come back and then find that their cameras MELT...... and have no idea what went wrong.....

that's why all camera users should come and join CS.....

There is a recall article is classified (straits times) yesterday. :thumbsup:

For the ones, required to be changed are listed or can go to nikon singapore website and check out. (key in the batt's serial)

And for those who want to go after 5PM, pls give them a call first before going.
*advise from Nikon customer service...

iso100 said:
may not,
he will take down your name/phone number/battery lot number/and ask the time you are coming, seems like "order", no need to Q outside, go to the inner room directly.

no need to Q outside, go to the inner room directly

sigh... if you have posted this earlier, i would not have to take the Q no. and waiting outside stupidly for sometimes yesterday :(

Btw, walking along the road beside the Wywy building (opposite the Cycle & Carriage, can see from the main road) for abt 5mins you can reach NSC already.
The walking distance from Redhill MRT to the Wywy junction takes about 10 mins like that. No need walk up any slopes.

Bus 63 sometimes can take 25mins of waiting time. :nono:

plsoong said:
mine oso not 4 digit leh..but 32X

so can change anot ah?
Mine also 32X. Use the Nikon SG website to check status. It is not the affected batch.

Cara said:
no need to Q outside, go to the inner room directly

sigh... if you have posted this earlier, i would not have to take the Q no. and waiting outside stupidly for sometimes yesterday :(

Btw, walking along the road beside the Wywy building (opposite the Cycle & Carriage, can see from the main road) for abt 5mins you can reach NSC already.
The walking distance from Redhill MRT to the Wywy junction takes about 10 mins like that. No need walk up any slopes.

Bus 63 sometimes can take 25mins of waiting time. :nono:

Just managed to change mine during lunch time.. go straight to the back is very fast, no Q at all... :sweatsm:
They exchanged an EN-EL3e new battery, I believed it is developed for D200. 因祸得福。。。:bsmilie:

See http://www.dpreview.com/news/0511/05110104nikond200.asp
Abstract:-
The newly-developed high-energy EN-EL3e rechargeable lithium-ion battery delivers enough power to the D200 to support the shooting of up to 1,800 images on a single charge, which takes no longer than 2.5 hours. Battery status can be checked through a real-time fuel gauge system, found in the menu. An optional MB-D200 battery pack extends shooting capability, using AA-size batteries (six are needed) or two NE-EL3e’s.

Hi,

I have call into Nikon Centre yesterday and have my battery changed
today.

Guess What!

I gotton the EN-EL3e battery instead!

Thats the newest battery for the D200.

According to the Engineer, it works with the D series SLR 70/70S/50

Looks like when i upgrade to the D200, there no need to get another spare battery!

Cheers to Nikon.

Dave

WideZoom said:
Mine also 32X. Use the Nikon SG website to check status. It is not the affected batch.

okay, but wondering if we pop down to hand the battery, will they still change it?

considering the fact that even though its not affected, the enel3e should be able to support my shooting for longer...

and the fact that then i can change use my batt for both the D70/ D200 (if i intend to get it)

plsoong said:
okay, but wondering if we pop down to hand the battery, will they still change it?

considering the fact that even though its not affected, the enel3e should be able to support my shooting for longer...

and the fact that then i can change use my batt for both the D70/ D200 (if i intend to get it)

I doubt so... If anyone can change their EN-EL3 batteries, why will they bother to post the affected batches serial numbers?;)

yeh. Dont think can just change. Because, they actually check out on their list before the exchange.

Cheers,
tltan

tltan said:
yeh. Dont think can just change. Because, they actually check out on their list before the exchange.

Cheers,
tltan
you're right. They just allow 1 to 1 battery swap, nothing else. and they take back the battery box also. According to them, they need to ship back to Japan with everything intact.

Anyway this is the kind of good after sale customer service we need! :thumbsup:

well.... guess got myself a new battery.....almost a year old my batt........

plsoong said:

You can try if you wan..:devil:
No body know..:think:

If they change old batteries for the newer model, then suddenly, more people will wish they were affected by the recall excercise :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.