Reason why I don't like film [Pic attached]

Status
Not open for further replies.
yanyewkay said:
yups..ever happened to me once..
went out fullly loaded, setup equipment...

turn on camera.... no memory card..

what the...
:mad2:

Same as to forget to buy or bring film to the shoot Hahahaha :bsmilie:

at least can buy film outside.... card cannot everytime buy else become broke soon

don't even begin to talk about accidents with 4x5! :bsmilie:

quekky said:
at least can buy film outside.... card cannot everytime buy else become broke soon
ah, this has to be one super good reason....

now if only they can make film that lets you develope individual frames only...

espn said:
Moral of the story is, award winning shots don't come easy?
Moral of the story: Award winning shots dun come easy. It'll depend on the Heavens, Earth and Human Factor.

In Chinese: "Tian Shi, Di Li, Ren He".

Once u've got these 3 elements, everything falls in place ;)

Anyway, the worse thing that can ever happen to a shutterbug is to check his camera 1 day before his trip and realise that the CCD chip is damaged!

My last trip, I was stuck without a camera. I was so restless...

my list of why i like film... tongue in cheek of cos!! :D

1) the process of loading film... somehow i like the feeling of loading a roll of film for a shoot.. very tactile sensation
2) the sound of the film advance... cant be beaten... for those with a motordrive... whirr whirr whirrr :)
3) without a LCD review, the feeling that the next shot COULD be an award winner... haha... but thats true aint it?
4) when u have 1-2 frames available, u DO take ur time to wait for the right shot, compose, wait for the right light etc..
5) those film containers sure come in handy for storing stuff... coins, nails, powder etc..
6) film cameras can be mechanical! no batteries!
7) the smell of film!!! ;)

In fact I think the risk is higher with digital, so many electronics, its a mini computer that you are using. The camera alone have so many ways of not functioning. The card get corrupt without u knowing. After you downlown and reformatted the card, your HDD crash......

Film not winding is just a small prob. I ever shoot 30 shoots before reliesing I have not load in a roll!

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
remember when i was very young, my sis took 1 roll of film with nothing... guess wat, she forget to remove the lens cap... :bsmilie:

This left me laughing..is this suppose to be a good joke :)

Pro-New said:
so many electronics, its a mini computer that you are using. The camera alone have so many ways of not functioning. The card get corrupt without u knowing. After you downlown and reformatted the card, your HDD crash......
Risk is abt the same:
.....so many chemicals, its a mini laboratory that you are using. The camera alone have so many ways of not functioning. The film get exposed without u knowing. After you sent out the film, your lab crash......

I ever took an entire overseas trip's picture on a 256k memory card, everything works so well until towards the end of trip suddenly camera reads error in card.

The card and camera had no problem, only that the camera can only write up to a 128k card after i re-vist the camera manual. Everything was good, luckily I took some film shots as well. Just to live with electronic risk.

As mentioned, film cameras have had its inherent risk too mentioned by some. I had to live with such pain too once in a while.

On the whole, I would point towards both medium of photography have its risk. Its a matter of how one manages it - exercising care, double protection, contingency shots etc.

Arguments for pro and cons can go on and on, however, at the end, neither is fool proof.

Electronic mode camera, be it film or digital have to be put to use ideally once a month as suggested by camera technician. If left unuse for long period, the electronic b'd or IC inside camera would be corrupted or deteriorated, and erratic defect error will normally arise.

On the other hand, traditional mechanical film camera can be left on a much protracted basis on your dry box without worrying that it would not function when you try to re-use it.

I think we have to be wary of such potential defect in camera use.

Another irrelevant post. This one slanting film because he can't load properly. You might as well blame the floor being too hard when you have constipation.

obviousdude said:
wat a world we live in...

give me perfection or give me simplicity....

please take me back to the time when photos were taken using a cardboard box with a pinhole in front.... :bsmilie:

well you still can do it.. just borrow your kids pri sch science book ... there should have... if not internet lor.. also, maybe can buy own developer and develope the film first, then see which one photo to develope ... hee cheers..

Snowcrash said:
my case is wasted one roll of film on an old canon SLR cos the shutter faulty... didn't open.

But I still like film
:)

I wasted one roll of film on a relatively new SLR cos the shutter only open halfway. :( so all the pictures only half exposed. I still have a few photos developed from that half exposed roll of negatives.

And received quite a lot of nagging from the teacher because I was taking the school event. :embrass:

And yes, film is still my choice! Of course I won't mind trying digital if someone is sponsoring me a camera... keke...

Ahhh..
Film & digital both have pros & cons. :)
But technology made our lives much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.