sunrise_w640.jpg

Canon 400D
Shutter Speed: 1/50
Aperture: 5.6
ISO 200
Focal Length: 85mm
White Balance: Daylight
No tripod

Hi! I'm a newbie at this so please excuse me if there are some hiccups in this post.
This is the sunrise view from my 10th floor bedroom window. It shows some of the other flats in the estate and part of the roof of the stadium. It's views like these that make me want to get up early to see what the new day will look like.

I was trying to capture the awe I felt but somehow seem to have missed the mark.
Should I have reduced the aperture more to increase the saturation?
Did I crop off too much of the bottom thereby missing the 1/3 rule?
Should I remove a little more of the top portion of the sky to bring the clouds more into focus?

Any comments would be very much appreciated.

the near-silhouette skyline holds little attraction, the stadium roof some but not enough of it to make a difference. would be better to shoot the sky entirely but honestly, when you have a 'nice sky' you also need a 'nice land' for a complete photograph. hunt around your estate for a suitably 'nice land', then when 'nice sky' appears run there to shoot.

sorry i think i'm getting sleepy...zz i hope you know what i mean by 'nice land'. its all about composition, not about being pretty or what. cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.