Raynox 250

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayTravis

Nov 23, 2008
Woodlands
Hi, im planning to get the Raynox 250 to start my journey on macro technology however i have some doubtsvof whether or not it is compatible with my system.

I have a D300 and planning to use it with
Tamron 17-50mmf2.8 OR Nikon 85mmf1.8.
Or if otherwise, please recommend another lens that is compatible with this raynox.

Thanks alot.

Hi, im planning to get the Raynox 250 to start my journey on macro technology however i have some doubtsvof whether or not it is compatible with my system.

I have a D300 and planning to use it with
Tamron 17-50mmf2.8 OR Nikon 85mmf1.8.
Or if otherwise, please recommend another lens that is compatible with this raynox.

Thanks alot.

Tamron 17-50 is not compatible with the Raynox250 as you will get vignetting. I have tried the Raynox on my Tamron 17-50 and the vignetting is not acceptable to me. Also, the magnification is very marginal. You can see this thread wher I posted a pic taken with my 40D, Tamron 17-50 and DCR250 attached.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189427&page=35

I'm not sure about the Nikon 85 as I'm a Canon user but from my experience, if the lens diameter of your Nikon 85 is not more than 58mm, there shouldn't be any vignetting. Anyway, using it on your Nikon 85, you should be probably able to get more than 1:1 magnification already.

Last edited:
the raynox doesn't work well with the tamron..

#1: the focusing distance of the tamron is already quite close..
#2: there's very significant vignetting across all focal length (probably coz the diameter of the tamron)

i've tried if before in the shop and found it pretty useless.. you might want to do the same..

not sure of the 85mm though..

IIRC the vignetting will only disappear at 70mm onwards. You may want to try it on another lens likethe 55-200mm or 70/75-300mm instead.

IIRC the vignetting will only disappear at 70mm onwards. You may want to try it on another lens likethe 55-200mm or 70/75-300mm instead.

Yes, you're right but it does depend on the lens diameter though...:bsmilie:

I did mention this in some other thread previously. :)

Yes, you're right but it does depend on the lens diameter though...:bsmilie:

I did mention this in some other thread previously. :)

Oh yah, forgot about the lens diameter. I have used it on my kit lens before and it has a 55mm diameter, so I will only lose the vignetting at 70mm.

Oh yah, forgot about the lens diameter. I have used it on my kit lens before and it has a 55mm diameter, so I will only lose the vignetting at 70mm.

For the larger lens diameters especially those 62mm and above, u probably need to zoom in quite a bit more to lose the vignetting...:bsmilie:

On my 58mm 55-250 lens, I lose the vignetting ard 90mm...:) But the vignetting is not serious as it appears only at the corners of the pictures which are normally cropped out anyway. :) And if you use flash, basically no issue anymore...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.