RAW Image Converter Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkong

May 8, 2006
Hi
I am a Nikon D70 user. There are two versions of software I have in mind. One is the Nikon Capture NX and the other is the DxO.
I wonder which is a more suitable version to use.

Hi
I am a Nikon D70 user. There are two versions of software I have in mind. One is the Nikon Capture NX and the other is the DxO.
dont know about dxo but use capture nx - it is great software, but lacks in adequate workflow support. i find myself using lightroom the most now, before this was using bridge and photoshop mainly.

do consider lightroom as well. i think it is a great piece of software, with capture nx for the special needs.

satish

I suggest use Capture NX as it would be the best RAW Image Converter Software is you are using a Nikon DSLR as it can best interpret the NEF algorithm :)

I second that opinion, been using Photoshop CS3, Lightroom and Capture NX. IMHO my order of preference would be Capture NX, Lightroom followed by Photoshop CS3. Seems that the noise reduction algorithm built into Capture NX works better. Again, its just my preference and opinion.

By the way, Mr Ong hope you like the Nikkor 18-135mm lens :)

Capture NX... the output beat anything i tried... (Photoshop, lightroom, raw shooter... etc) but the speed is :sweat:

Hi

Thank you everyone who has responded.
As a Nikon DSLR user, I would probably choose Nikon Capture NX.

Status
Not open for further replies.