Raw Files ... Phase One Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzybuster

Nov 15, 2004
Leeds, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Just purchased the "light" version of Phase One software to work with RAW files on the Dynax 7D. The latest version has been upgraded to support our new 7Ds :D

You can try out the trial here Phase One

The most impressive feature for me is the ability to fine tune Kelvin levels when correction is needed, before any other post-processing on your Mac or PC.

The light version known as Capture One LE is very powerful and reasonably priced. Provides a good option to the KM RAW file software and is universally used by many professional shooters. The Pro version is considered industry standard by many commercial photogs in Europe.

capture 1 does wonders for RAW. but somehow it sucks not being able to read normal jpegs..

Clown said:
capture 1 does wonders for RAW. but somehow it sucks not being able to read normal jpegs..

The version I've bought, which is the latests, for my Mac supports jpeg format. However, I don't see any benefit to supporting a file that's already been "processed" there are other Photo manipulation tools that already do what you need.

I've just delved a little further and understand what you mean about JPEGs.

You can read them in Capture One but can't do anything else.

If you think about it, it goes with the previous observation that would argue there's little benefit processing a file that's already been processed in the camera.

nonono... on the PC version it cant read jpegs as in they dont even show up on the side browser (i may be outdated tho. 3 month old info).

knoxknocks said:
i'm using C1 3.5 on PC, ok leh - can read JPGs.
issit? ok lor.. i outdated liao.. heh.
but i'm almost pure PS CS user. only use C1 when i need to batch convert raw files.

fuzzybuster said:
The most impressive feature for me is the ability to fine tune Kelvin levels when correction is needed, before any other post-processing on your Mac or PC.

Actually, Dynax 7 allows you to set Kelvin levels at 100 intervals. And Dimage viewer that comes with the camera allows you to set any value from 2500K - 10000K.

Just that Dimage viewer is not as friendly or intuitive to use.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.