RAW Colours Workshop by BenQ

Editor

ClubSNAP Editor
Staff member
Jul 19, 2012
RAW Colours Workshop by BenQ

Some photographers dislike Colour Management, either because it sounds complicated, or that it appears time-consuming. Colour Management can be both, but it need not be. Furthermore, many photography enthusiasts love taking photos but encounter difficulties in using monitor to review, edit and create the perfect photos at home.

SW2700PT_hood_left45.jpg

BenQ SW2700PT RGB Monitor for Photographers is uniquely designed to take your photography to the next level, matching professional standards. With Adobe RGB, instantaneous Advanced Black & White Mode and 10-bit Colour display, the SW2700PT offers optimal viewing and visual-intensive work experience.

This workshop tries to let you know “Why Colour Management on Monitor Matters”. It illustrates the pipeline through which digital colour passes from camera through to output as on-screen display. We also invite Geoff Ang & Bryan Foong, Founders of RAW, to share their solo journey as photographers in their respective fields of advertising and wedding that led them to come together to form a community to educate, mentor and engage photographers of all levers and genres.

To make workshop more interesting, we have live Photoshoots, led by Geoff & Bryan themselves. Let’s enjoy fun of photography and learn more knowledge about color management for photography.

raw-geoff-bryan.jpg

A photographer's journey with Geoff Ang and Bryan Foong
A talk by the founders of Raw. And their solo journey as photographers in their respective fields of advertising and wedding that led them to come together to form a community to educate, mentor and engage photographers of all levels and genres.

Agenda.jpg

Date: Saturday 17st June 2017
Time: 1:00pm to 6:00pm
Limited to 30 pax ONLY !!!
Registration Charges: FREE!!!
Free admission. Due to limited space, registration is required.

*Your place is secured when the confirmed registration list is announced on/before Wednesday 14th June 2017 evening by ClubSNAP.

[video=youtube_share;xwA3NVJoUGg]https://youtu.be/xwA3NVJoUGg[/video]

* Disclaimer: ClubSNAP reserve the rights to select from the registered list who will be coming for the RAW Colours Workshop with Geoff & Bryan - Sponsored by BenQ.

RAW_Colours_Workshop_with_Geoff_Bryan1.jpg

Is the registration list of confirmation out yet? Thks

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Confirmed participants list not release not?:embrass:

Apologise for the late update, will post the List by today.

Working with BenQ to take in more ppl.

Hi ClubSNAP Team,

Apologies, due to unforeseen circumstances, I am unable to make it anymore.
Thank you for the invite!

Registration is Closed:

Due to overwhelm response, we have increase the numbers to 50.

1. kiatisdn
  2. ronron
  3. nikonuser
  4. SilentResonance
  5. einstein
  6. bilala
  7. sosharp
  8. Hassnik
  9. SNAG
  10. blacksesame
  11. Skyboy
  12. SleepyWhiskers
  13. Maddurian
  14. David Chia
  15. saucywkc
  16. csbscsbs
  17. Thien
  18. SHLEW
  19. Eng Hoe
  20. Lostlost
  21. Gadgetron
  22. William Tan
  23. goldbatch
  24. NANCY WONG
  25. vainqueur
  26. fpser
  27. rawnking
  28. dtkky
  29. Kanekoichi
  30. khitoo
  31. Stephen32
  32. Keching
  33. Shutterz
  34. Jordangoh
  35. LimJin
  36. Ang
  37. Ivho
  38. iamshirleyho
  39. kulcatz
  40. funster
  41. Davidloh
  42. weewee98
  43. Singtony
  44. kloozo
  45. Onghm
  46. Cloben1032
  47. Vic
  48. RaydenOng
  49. Rithina
  50. Logan82

* Disclaimer: ClubSNAP reserve the rights to select from the registered list who will be coming for the RAW Colours Workshop by BenQ

Saturday, 17th June 2017 @ Funan Showsuite
Time: 1:00pm - 6:00pm
Registration from: 12:00noon

Direction to Funan Showsuite

Funan Showsuite is located at the junction of High Street and Hill Street

Car
For those who are driving, you can park at Hill street center carpark

*We would recommend you to check the best efficient driving directions from your departure location via the various online map services such as Google Maps.

Google Map Link
https://goo.gl/maps/sUBA2X73uG82

Can i still join since one of the above replied that she is unable to make it? Tks
davinboo

Registration is Closed:

Due to overwhelm response, we have increase the numbers to 50.

1. kiatisdn
  2. ronron
  3. nikonuser
  4. SilentResonance
  5. einstein
  6. bilala
  7. sosharp
  8. Hassnik
  9. SNAG
  10. blacksesame
  11. Skyboy
  12. SleepyWhiskers
  13. Maddurian
  14. David Chia
  15. saucywkc
  16. csbscsbs
  17. Thien
  18. SHLEW
  19. Eng Hoe
  20. Lostlost
  21. Gadgetron
  22. William Tan
  23. goldbatch
  24. NANCY WONG
  25. vainqueur
  26. fpser
  27. rawnking
  28. dtkky
  29. Kanekoichi
  30. khitoo
  31. Stephen32
  32. Keching
  33. Shutterz
  34. Jordangoh
  35. LimJin
  36. Ang
  37. Ivho
  38. kulcatz
  39. funster
  40. Davidloh
  41. weewee98
  42. Singtony
  43. kloozo
  44. Onghm
  45. Cloben1032
  46. Vic
  47. RaydenOng
  48. Rithina
  49. Logan82
  50. davinboo

* Disclaimer: ClubSNAP reserve the rights to select from the registered list who will be coming for the RAW Colours Workshop by BenQ

Saturday, 17th June 2017 @ Funan Showsuite
Time: 1:00pm - 6:00pm
Registration from: 12:00noon

Direction to Funan Showsuite

Funan Showsuite is located at the junction of High Street and Hill Street

Car
For those who are driving, you can park at Hill street center carpark

*We would recommend you to check the best efficient driving directions from your departure location via the various online map services such as Google Maps.

Google Map Link
https://goo.gl/maps/sUBA2X73uG82

Hello,
Due to unforeseen circumstances, I am unable to attend the workshop. I had sent a reply to the email yesterday, but with no confirmation of my cancellation.

Apologies and regards,
David

Same here

I thought they will send confirmation through email and I didnt received that, so I thought I didnt got the seat. Only now I realise I did. But it is too late now.

Hi, I just found out that the confirmed names were posted here... I thought that a confirmation email would be sent out to those who got the seats. I apologise for not being able to make it as I really did not know I was accepted. Thank you for your understanding.

RAW Colours Workshop by BenQ on 16 June

As many of us know, colour management is key in workflow to ensure colour accuracy during photo editing. However, many photography hobbyists find this process mind-boggling.

The truth of the matter is that it is simple and can be done with ease. To help clear the air on colour management, we collaborated with BenQ and RAW to conduct a workshop at Funan Showsuite on 17 June. Over 40 enthusiasts turned up and were introduced to the BenQ SW2700PT Adobe RGB monitor. Participants were shown how the monitor could be integrated productively during photo-editing in a workflow.

Getting participants on their feet, Geoff and Bryan from RAW unreservedly shared their insights during LIVE photo-shoots in studio setting with a model talent, as well as outdoor shoot with a parkour artiste. They then demonstrated how they would go about editing with the BenQ SW2700PT.

All the speakers made their sharing interesting, entertaining and inspiring enough to capture an audience's attention. Regardless whether you aspire to be a professional photographer or just taking pride in taking photos, this is not the kind of workshop you want to miss.

Welcome speech by Daren Low from BenQ Singapore

1605.jpg

Why monitors are important for photographers by Chris Bai from BenQ Headquarters

2406.jpg

Inspiring sharing by Geoff Ang and Bryan Foong from RAW

3328.jpg

Model talent LIVE studio shoot with Profoto setup by Geoff Ang

4248.jpg

LIVE outdoor shoot with a parkour artiste by Bryan Foong

5194.JPG

Capture One hands-on demonstration on BenQ SW2700PT by Geoff Ang and Bryan Foong

6149.jpg

7133.jpg

All participants enjoyed the workshop with BenQ, ClubSNAP and RAW

837.jpg