Rates for charging a photo shoot for a Spa

Status
Not open for further replies.
yqt, you have hit the nail on the head. Thanks for your advise. To me, if I accepted this job. I have to provide some standard of professionalism. I have scouted the environment and the mood they wanted. It going to be very "warm" and cozy environment as its yellow down lights all over the place. Lighting will be a challenge. I would need to bring my tripod and some sort of lighting as well.

Anyway, i haven't accept this job yet. I am preparing the quote and waiting for the available shooting dates from them..

If you ask me, I think $1k upwards sounds fair for a professional level quote. But again, this is my personal opinion with no industry experience whatsoever :)

I guess you have to look at it this way.

It's not uncommon in the commercial market for photographer to charge between $1K to $1.5K for a full day job depanding on the photographer. Some will charge half that for 1/2 day job while others will charge just a little more for 1/2 day job. Remember, this is base on 1 day or 1/2 day and not to quote base on the job. If you ask me, I'll most likely, depanding on the meeting and recce, charge about $1k.

you can give them options for pricing, where each amount gets them so much service... therefore, if they want certain amount of photos, they pay certain amount... might be more attractive... but make it clear what they are getting for each price... but you can give them slightly more just to make their day, but they must understand that they are getting any extras as good will...

also, take into account the size of the operations... spa is a very large category... I have worked with people in that industry before and shot 2 spas of very different operations... there is much variation in what is called a spa... in other words, don't charge more than the monthly rent of the place...:)

yqt, you have hit the nail on the head. Thanks for your advise. To me, if I accepted this job. I have to provide some standard of professionalism. I have scouted the environment and the mood they wanted. It going to be very "warm" and cozy environment as its yellow down lights all over the place. Lighting will be a challenge. I would need to bring my tripod and some sort of lighting as well.

Anyway, i haven't accept this job yet. I am preparing the quote and waiting for the available shooting dates from them..

Since the dates are not confirm yet, if you can, try to convince then to do some of the shots during the day ie; before they open for business or during mid-day when there are less customers that is provided there's window likghts.

By any chance the name of the spa starts with S?

Ya. Thanks for your advice. I do not think i can get those rates. I am trying to "fish" out their budget. the answer was the usual, "as low as possible lor".
Sometime I find that it is very difficult to do business with people you know. haiz

that's the usual reply you will get with any client.

find out the market rate and position yourself at a price point you are comfortable with. don't let the promise of 'more work' or 'credits' cloud your judgement. if you price yourself right and your work is acceptable to your client, they will call you again.

Pretty interested in shooting in a spa...

oh, one thing when you shoot in a spa... remember to air your equipment as soon as you can... let any moisture that might have gotten on dry first before you clean your camera and lens... and blow dust off the lens before you wipe it in case there is salt residue... spa air usually very moist and abit salty as well due to scrubs, steaming and whatever treatment they do...:)

oh, one thing when you shoot in a spa... remember to air your equipment as soon as you can... let any moisture that might have gotten on dry first before you clean your camera and lens... and blow dust off the lens before you wipe it in case there is salt residue... spa air usually very moist and abit salty as well due to scrubs, steaming and whatever treatment they do...:)

good advice.:thumbsup:

good advice.:thumbsup:
:embrass:

and after all that, put camera and lens in dry cabinet (forgot to mention that)to let it dry out thoroughly...either wise fungus might grow in lens...learnt that the hard way;( but no choice cause it was shot in KL and could not put away stuff till some days later...

thanks all for your advices.. I am grateful for it. Anyway, I am still awaiting for their reply on the dates.
And no, the name of the place doesnt start with a S. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.