Rant: I really don't get some buyers these days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0d3

Feb 3, 2003
SORRY RANT COMING.

So lets say I'm selling a 10-22. Meets up with buyer, he tests it with his 40D then he mentions oh looksie here it doesn't look sharp on the LCD. Oh wait you're shooting at 1/20 at ISO 100 on a cloudy almost rainy day? LOL.

Ok here's the best part, he refuses to let me show him or rather test it out for him. And he goes on to "Oh I'm used to shooting at this kinda shutter speed". RIGHT. And you're using the 40D LCD as a gauge for sharpness? Right.

And he goes off without saying sorry or anything. I mean okay if you don't like it at least you say oh so sorry for taking up your time or something like that BUT he did say he'll buy the lens.

Kids these days.

*Mods: Feel free to move this to kopitiam or somewhere else appropriate.

He's a waste of time.

With testing conditions like that, I wonder if he'll ever find a sharp copy :D

Harlow plo!

pack up and leave............haha..don't sell...this sucker is pushing his luck to lower your pricei bet/

I bought something from a nikon guy last time. he din like his canon so he sold it after 1 day dirt cheap(almost 500-600 cheaper). i was 2nd in the line cause working and can't meet him so soon.he told me the first in the line went on saying the lens got dust la,here looked used...when the receipt shows it as day 1 purchase only. he got pissed and pack up. i must say this seller is damn solid..he went back to ms colour to see if can changed..and it did. i got the better deal in the end. How i know. because i see 2 L lens manual inside the box,he forgot to return the original one with the previous lens......

And he goes off without saying sorry or anything. I mean okay if you don't like it at least you say oh so sorry for taking up your time or something like that BUT he did say he'll buy the lens.

Kids these days.

Hey, I echo your sentiments. But it applies not only to 'Kids' these days, but also to 'Adults' these days. But the fact that many of our younger generation are a little deficient in social grace is an issue that is totally disheartening.

I think, yes, he is simply trying to push for a better price by nit-picking and by walking away. No need to do business with this type. Just count yourself unlucky to have wasted time and a trip.

hmm, obviously he is not sincere at all. Want to test a sharp copy, go shop and pick lor. :/

i must say this world there are people who have very low EQ. Too self centered.

Or how about the potential buyer that calls you about an advertisement, says 'we can discuss this deal like adults' and then offers you a kiddy price? When it comes to buying photography gear, the men and boys (or ladies and girls) are immediately set apart. It's dead easy to see who the real grown-ups are: the ones who will pay your price and are actually happy to admit it, not the ones who will pay your price anyway but just want to scrape a few bucks off your deal to help pay for their next pacifier.

Well, i do have a fair share of terrible experience as well. This guy tried my lens using my camera body. Out of goodwill i agreed to loan it to him. He seems very pleased with the results on F2.8; mentioning it was very sharp, later moving on to f4, he say nt sharp. And tts like after 4X of shutter. I was like giving him the o_O look. after that he still very buay pai seh, continue testing for another 5X shots. Then say, no the lens nt sharp at f4, so i nt buying it. I was like WTH, you wasted like 2hrs of my time, plus abt 100 of my shutter. And he just said, no, not buying oso no saying of sorry.

Well, i do have a fair share of terrible experience as well. This guy tried my lens using my camera body. Out of goodwill i agreed to loan it to him. He seems very pleased with the results on F2.8; mentioning it was very sharp, later moving on to f4, he say nt sharp. And tts like after 4X of shutter. I was like giving him the o_O look. after that he still very buay pai seh, continue testing for another 5X shots. Then say, no the lens nt sharp at f4, so i nt buying it. I was like WTH, you wasted like 2hrs of my time, plus abt 100 of my shutter. And he just said, no, not buying oso no saying of sorry.

Lol, 2hrs.. he bring laptop and test ah?

Nope... Stare at my camera LCD plus he magnify to the largest.... LIke super pixel peep on my camera LCD like tt. LOL

Nope... Stare at my camera LCD plus he magnify to the largest.... LIke super pixel peep on my camera LCD like tt. LOL

If your camera was a 5D or one with an equivalent LCD screen, then i nothing to say:bsmilie:

Lol actually I was referring to the poor LCD screen of the 5D, and how silly it would have been if he had been using it to do extensive reviews of shots

Lol actually I was referring to the poor LCD screen of the 5D, and how silly it would have been if he had been using it to do extensive reviews of shots

1D2N screen = 5D classic screen = 30D screen = 400D screen = good screens. If you think that they're bad, go shoot a 40D and look at the photos on the LCD.

most of these guys seem to get their eq from online games etc. to try out their lowballing techniques.

I've seen the LCDs of both cameras and I'd have to say that the 40D's LCD screen beats the 5D classic's hands down.

I think anything other than the new recent generation of screens like the one on the 50D sucks, heh. I mean seriously, the rest just don't pack enough pixels for you to see anything clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.