Rage Against the 'Machine', Teen Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Aug 15, 2004
some candids of some young photogenic friends I met today... their 'outstanding' outfits reminded me of a metal group & a nirvana song.... they posed, I just snapped.

original.jpg

original.jpg

thanks! btw, no offense to signaporeans... but by 'machine', I meant the overall typical conservative & conformist singapore mindset... vs their clothing

dont know who designed their clothing but they look DIY-awesome. Wish 1 of them had a huge mohawk hehe.

ok...... not to be spoiler but the guy in blue jacket and the one with blue jeans really look out of the picture and out of the group...
but some of them are really awesome, some guts they have...

I personally feel that for the 2nd pics, the background is very messy and the subjects does not stands out of the background. Try to use a faster aperture to blur the background.

Awesome pictures! PUNK ROCKS!!! Oi Oi Oi!!! :devil:

Great shots, Rev! I just love the kids' attitude. Most people might take them wrongly as posers, losers, problem-child or whatever others like to call or name them. These kids dun really give a damn sh#t abt it. They just wanna be part of the PUNK and anarchical sub-culture. Anti-conformism! Anti-hypocrisy! That's truly the teen spirit!! :thumbsup:

Reminds me of old-skool punk bands like Sex Pistols, The Misfits, Black Flag, The Ramones, etc. I wonder how many CSers are formerly old-skool punk rock fans. :think:

Well it doesn't matter if the surrounding was messy or not or one of their outfits did not match the other, this is PUNK! Personally I think there's a great contrast against the place they were at and their outfits which spoke for themselves. It's a statement and not public display.

heh, sex pistols? haha, damn I'm old...
Glad U like the pic, it's a keeper for me to print big. Just love the fact that they hang out as a group with their style & their creative jackets & the jeans. Wonder which 1 of these guys will be future MPs or opposition, imagine a MP with a nose-ring. Or which 1 of them will be a future marc ecko...

thanks for the all comments & tips guys, wish I had more time to carefully arrange the shots, but didnt want to impose on their 'quality time' & cramp their style with my ah pekness. 1 thing I regret was that I forgot to do was a 'bumortical' overhead shot. The base of the merlion statue was perfect for that!

Hey Rev! You've got some great captures I must say. When these 'punks' grow older, at least they have some great moments captured. I think these will look great in B&W.

I still remember back in '97, converse shoes with bright neon shoe laces and hardcore t-shirt, sigh.... I wished I had a camera back then. Haha! Anyway, cheers mate!

hey guys... was wondering how U would take group shots of these guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.