quote on 20D, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfz

Oct 7, 2004
refusalf.com
ah, haven't been here for eons.. lost touch of this forum (not the passion).

the interface of the web, everything here has changed abit! anyway.. back to my post, anyone has any latest quote from AP, CP or MSC?

mpenza said:
it's ~$2850 for the camera alone.

mmm, thank you for the info mpenza, any recommendations of 2 "BASIC" lens to go with the camera? I also understand that the kit package will be slightly below $3K.

got a quote from bargaincity .com

==============================================
> Dear Shopper,
>
> Thank you for your enquiry. Our price as follows:
>
> Canon EOS20D with 18-55mm lens kit = S$2810.00 excl GST (S$2950.50 nett)
> Canon EOS20D body only = S$2650.00 excl GST (S$2782.50 nett)
>
> Optional Accessories:
> Large Tripod = S$25.00 excl GST (S$26.25 nett)
> Sandisk Ultra 512 mb CF card = S$150.00 excl GST
> (S$157.50 nett)
> Canon BP512 battery = S$120.00 excl GST (S$126.00
> nett )
> OEM BP512 battery = S$35.00 excl GST (S$36.75 nett)
>
> Local delivery charge of S$5.00 nett applies.

Me weekend when down to SL, Price offer by some shops are as follow:

Ground FL:
AP - S$2950.00 with kit (GST incl.)
Edison - S$2750.00 with kit (GST excl.)

2nd FL:
Song Bro. - S$2900.00 with kit (GST incl.)
Forget name of shop - S$2890.00 with kit (GST incl.)

Still shopping for better price :D

Johnnie said:
Me weekend when down to SL, Price offer by some shops are as follow:

Ground FL:
AP - S$2950.00 with kit (GST incl.)
Edison - S$2750.00 with kit (GST excl.)

2nd FL:
Song Bro. - S$2900.00 with kit (GST incl.)
Forget name of shop - S$2890.00 with kit (GST incl.)

Still shopping for better price :D

Edison seems to be the best choice now at 2887.50 with GST! :D :D

:nono:
But the funny thing about Edison is that they are only selling 20D with kit. I've asked the salesman for price without kit and he told me that the whole market is out of stock and takes around 6 months for the next shipment. I smell something fishy, so I went to other shops to find out. True enough, the salesman was BS me!!! 20D without kits are available at other shops.

So be careful if you decide to get from them, make sure it comes with all the original parts come with 20D. Who knows they might swap something inside to make the price looks cheap.

Anyway, I'm getting a quote from another source, hopefully it will be cheap and reliable. Will post it when I get the quote.

I just asked for the price at John 3:16 yesterday, and they quoted $2850 for the body alone. The good thing I've learnt is, John 3:16 absorbs GST :D

sane said:
I just asked for the price at John 3:16 yesterday, and they quoted $2850 for the body alone. The good thing I've learnt is, John 3:16 absorbs GST :D
huh? u mean John 3:16 quote of $2850 is w/o gst and they absorbing gst?
then how is it diff from cp, ap and ms color of $2850 w gst??

Johnnie said:
:nono:
But the funny thing about Edison is that they are only selling 20D with kit. I've asked the salesman for price without kit and he told me that the whole market is out of stock and takes around 6 months for the next shipment. I smell something fishy, so I went to other shops to find out. True enough, the salesman was BS me!!! 20D without kits are available at other shops.

So be careful if you decide to get from them, make sure it comes with all the original parts come with 20D. Who knows they might swap something inside to make the price looks cheap.

Anyway, I'm getting a quote from another source, hopefully it will be cheap and reliable. Will post it when I get the quote.

So Edison is selling the body + lens for $2,887.50 (with GST) while John 3:16, AP, CP and MSColor are all selling the body alone at $2,850 (with GST). A little simple arithmetic would indicate that you would almost be getting the lens for free at Edison, don't you think? :dunno:

zod said:
huh? u mean John 3:16 quote of $2850 is w/o gst and they absorbing gst?
then how is it diff from cp, ap and ms color of $2850 w gst??

As in, they don't charge GST, so you don't have to think about if the price they quote is with or without GST... yes it's not different from CP, AP & MS Colour then. Nevermind about going off topic on whether John 3:16 have already included the GST into their price...

Even if Edison is charging a cheap price on the kit lens, I still don't want it, I already have a better lens that roughly covers that focal range... but well some people may say that you can pay for the kit & sell the lens at a profit.... :p

Try the shop down at Digimall(Sim Lim Square, beside the food court). Image one I think. The price quoted was 2.8 I think w/gst.

I'm thinking of buy this as my first digital camera. Cracking head for where to get the best offer n reliable shop. :sweat:
I think I need to buy the kit as well. Otherwise my old lense mount on it will become 44.8mm(original is 28mm) :bsmilie:

Hey, I've got a quote from a friend who works in photo developing shop and he manage to get S$2850.00 incl. gst & kit...sigh!!! no stock from canon!!!!

Can't wait till the stock came in, need to get one for my holiday to Japan next month.

Anybody knew whether 20D is running low in stock in Singapore?

Cathay also no stock. They quote me S$2610 for body only, w/o gst.
I think all the price is more or less the same for all shops, and Canon is out of staock now :bsmilie:
GOT MONEY NO STOCK :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

S$2610!! I just asked today and they quoted me S$2800. :p Anyway TCW was selling at $2850 and it is in stock.

Tzuen said:
S$2610!! I just asked today and they quoted me S$2800. :p Anyway TCW was selling at $2850 and it is in stock.

AP quoto me $2600 Body only. I guess the price drop already :bsmilie:

juste_millieu said:
AP quoto me $2600 Body only. I guess the price drop already :bsmilie:

w GST??

excited excited! hehe

drop faster faster! hehehe then

BUY BUY BUY

I've got a quote from a friend's contact and price for kit set is S$2850.00 incl. gst but unfortunately no stock. So, I went down to SL yesterday and check, AP no stock. Edison no stock. around 2~3 sets available at Song Bro. but Salesman quote me $2940.00, but finally manage to found one shop with 1 last piece offering S$2900.00 with kit and incl. gst and I set for it (bo pian, need it for my upcoming holiday, can't wait liao)...:(

For those of you who can wait, I'm sure you can get around $2850.00 if you shop hard enough, unless Canon decided to increase the selling price.

Anyway, the shuttle is a little loud but acceptable to me. You should checkout the 5fps...SUPERB!!!!!!!!! And remember to get those high-speed CF card recommended by Rob Galbraith.

Status
Not open for further replies.