Questions before getting MF kit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvin

Hi!
After nearly a week of research I'm on the verge of purchasing a MF kit. The kit of choice I am targetting is a Bronica SQ-A with a basic 80cm lens. It's 6x6, and uses leaf shutter lenses and from what I gather, the lenses are somewhat cheaper to acquire compared to say hasselblad 500 series (considered hassy and the lenses, no way i can afford the lenses).

Q: Does the AE finder come stock with the SQA or must it be obtained seperately?
Q: Does the AE work with waist level finder?

Would appreciate your recommendations and thoughts on this particular camera. I won't mind suggestions of other cameras, so long they're in 6x6 format with leaf shutters =)

Thanks!

Alvin

alvin said:
Hi!
After nearly a week of research I'm on the verge of purchasing a MF kit. The kit of choice I am targetting is a Bronica SQ-A with a basic 80cm lens. It's 6x6, and uses leaf shutter lenses and from what I gather, the lenses are somewhat cheaper to acquire compared to say hasselblad 500 series (considered hassy and the lenses, no way i can afford the lenses).

Q: Does the AE finder come stock with the SQA or must it be obtained seperately?
Q: Does the AE work with waist level finder?

Would appreciate your recommendations and thoughts on this particular camera. I won't mind suggestions of other cameras, so long they're in 6x6 format with leaf shutters =)

Thanks!

Alvin

Ans : AE Finder must be obtained seperately
Ans : AE Does not work with Waist level finder (Unless it is a Metered version, but then it is still not AP or SP).

I suggest you borrowed a SQA / SQAi to test first before committing to it.

For other 6x6 format with leaf shutters ... sorry it would be a hassy ..... there is no other 6x6 format SLR with leaf shutters. However for rangfinder, you can try Mamiya 6.

BTW, why insisted on a 6x6 format? Unless there is a reason.......

Anyway, I have a SQAi ..... if you are interested in trying it out first b4 u buy your own set :) ......

Thanks! Hassy I've considered too, but the lenses are not affordable. Been trying to get a minolta autocord over ebay but i've been sniped out several times, and I feel I might as well go and get a camera that's more modular, for future expansion.

6x6? Several reasons, key reason is the pics i've seen shot in square format appeal highly to me. Plus, I think that with the proper backs it can use 645? Either that, or just cut the pictures after printing.

Man, u have such a nice setup! but nah it's ok don't need to try! I will be heading down to peninsula area today to check out the cameras again.

Curiously, how often do you use fill flash on your camera and what kind of photography do you take most often? On my 35mm slr I recently got a flash with high speed sync and I've been taking photos with fill, never looked back. Excellent results :thumbsup: Hence my decision for leaf shutters on a MF slr. Mirror slap sound can't be helped I guess.

Alvin

alvin said:
Thanks! Hassy I've considered too, but the lenses are not affordable. Been trying to get a minolta autocord over ebay but i've been sniped out several times, and I feel I might as well go and get a camera that's more modular, for future expansion.

6x6? Several reasons, key reason is the pics i've seen shot in square format appeal highly to me. Plus, I think that with the proper backs it can use 645? Either that, or just cut the pictures after printing.

Man, u have such a nice setup! but nah it's ok don't need to try! I will be heading down to peninsula area today to check out the cameras again.

Curiously, how often do you use fill flash on your camera and what kind of photography do you take most often? On my 35mm slr I recently got a flash with high speed sync and I've been taking photos with fill, never looked back. Excellent results :thumbsup: Hence my decision for leaf shutters on a MF slr. Mirror slap sound can't be helped I guess.

Alvin

I seldom fill flash on my camera. I take almost any kind of photographs. I don't really use flash with high synco speed unless I am trying to fight backlighting, which I try to avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.