Questions about Pasir Ris Sports hall and....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcwe68

Jul 3, 2003
HOME
Visit site
Any Pasir Ris resident out there, I heard that a sports hall and a swimming pool complex will be built in Pasir Ris......(ready in 2009)?

Any idea where they are built?
And the report mentioned that its a sport hall and tennis centre?

From P A P website and M O F website

thanks

Anyone from pasir ris who can answer this? Thanks.

Any Pasir Ris resident out there, I heard that a sports hall and a swimming pool complex will be built in Pasir Ris......(ready in 2009)?

Any idea where they are built?
And the report mentioned that its a sport hall and tennis centre?

From P A P website and M O F website

thanks
Potentially there are 3 sites i can think of (my own observation only).

1. The land around NTUC resorts ...
This is the most ideal area for a sport arena but I doubt so becoz that place is already overcrowded and the land is too "expensive" for such nature and IMO the government would rather give to more private apartments since it is near the sea and resorts.

2. The land around those animals farms .....
Lots of empty land, factories, etc... If no more "big" international companies are coming to invest BIG in Sg, the government would release the land, IMO.

3. The land opposite and across the highway of the Elias Green condo.
This is the most likely place since it was almost 20 years since they have wanted to build, first a golf park, then some other recreation themeparks, and now still left untouch. The location will serve well for Tampines (which have their own), and Punggol residents but still can be known as Pasir Ris project (GRC?). For political reason, I place my bet here. :think:

Thanks canonised.....

Since no one has replied with exact details, does it mean that it has not started building. P A P website says it will be ready in 2009........I assume a site would have been identified and residents would have been informed through the newsletter......

So nothing is being planned yet?

Great.....Thanks. Indeed never too late to know.

The location seems to be at the fishing pond (Pasir Ris Town Park) opposite the MRT. And date is end 2009, doesn't seems to have any activities there the last time I pass by (end Mar).

Too bad I have just sold my HDB flat there. Otherwise should be able to sell higher. hee hee

Last edited:
The Pasir Ris Sports Hall and Swimming Complex will take up half the Pasir Ris Town Park. It will occupy the big grass field, children playground and the fitness corner. Directly opposite Eastvale condominium.

The Pasir Ris Sports Hall will feature swimming pool with children's slides and play pool. There will also be a gym and other indoor sports hall facilities.

The Pasir Ris Sports Hall and Swimming Complex will take up half the Pasir Ris Town Park. It will occupy the big grass field, children playground and the fitness corner. Directly opposite Eastvale condominium.

The Pasir Ris Sports Hall will feature swimming pool with children's slides and play pool. There will also be a gym and other indoor sports hall facilities.

I think it will be located where the current pony ride is. Here's the location you have to zoom to take a closer look.

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:NKEfe0G-ufgJ:www101.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu10p.nsf/9bf9958c01bb6b2148256db20025481f/c439bb2420f2b390482574dd008066d2/$FILE/Pasir_Ris.pdf+pasir+ris+sports+complex&cd=21&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=sg

Last edited:
It's in between the PR interchange and the canal, near Drive 3. If you walk from PR interchange along the road towards downtown east, you'll pass by the plot.

Pasir Ris park is very big, you know?

Are we talking about the mangrove area :cry:

wow, this thread is still alive........I tot it is at the fishing pong opposite white sand. Are you staying in Pasir ris?

Status
Not open for further replies.