Questions about A70 and filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzOn3

Jul 12, 2003
Singapore
www.nig3l.com
Hi Again! I've got some questions about my A70 and the filters that are available in the market. I've read the forums and noticed that many people talk about Hoya close up filters and stuff like that. I also notice that other close up filters have different "mm" reported.

1. What are these" mm" ?? Measurement for the lens size? And also, where and how much can i get my A70 adapter for?

2. also, when i get my adapter, what lens/filters can i attach?

I'm thinking of getting a close up filter, but i know nuts about the "mm" specifications and adapters, and filters, and step ups, and lens, and this, and that.. Well, so i hope i can get some enlightenment on the questions!! THANKS!!
:) :D :p

i see that you are quite new here.let me this newbie help you as far as i know.
1)you need a lens adapter($20) for your cam.
2)any filter with a 52mm thread can be fixed on to the adapter

items can be found at most cam shop but i personally suggest alan photo at sim lim square where is would be slightly cheaper
Filter can be found inside the shop glass display with popular brand as hoya,tokina,cokin etc.......
i would recommend circular polariser,UV and ND filters as the more essantial ones.

close up enable you to take picture more close to the subject.example a bee,you can capture more details to it.

teleconverter and wide angle converter with 52mm thread can be attached to it too.

hope you are satisfied with this.

hey thanks man! Finally a reply! haa. Oh pardon me if i ask the next question: the lens adapter is made by canon right?? Ok, 52mm thread. I'll remember that. I'll pop by AP tomorrow i guess.. Go check out the stuffs! And buy my lens adapter! THANKS!!
:)

You can either get the original Canon lens adapter or a 3rd party adapter (depending on what the shop carries). Only difference will be the price.

But better call up the shop first to check on its availability before you go down to buy. I remembered that my friend had to wait about one week before the adapter was available in Singapore about a month back. Other than Alan Photo, you can also try MS Color and Cathay Photo.

Anyway have fun with the lens and filters !

as mention about the $20 one is 3rd party price quote by AP.doesn't make a different between 3rd parties and canon one.
should have stock now.
52mm cir-pol $35
52mm nd8 $13
price my frn bought few weeks ago.may vary.;)

the latest e-quote from mscolor:

Hoya UV Filter - $15 multi-coated
Hoya Circular Polarizer - $34

Woo hoo!! I got my canon adapter and the +4 lens. Heh Heh..!! Alan Photo fella said no 3rd party adapter.. Only got the Canon one.. Altogether, the purchase cost me $60!! Heh. :p

maybe they no stock.i went with my frn to buy the 3rd party one.it's made of metal.better.$20:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.