Question...

Nisa

Aug 13, 2004
this is a private mail between me and a moderator.
I need to get a better excuse than what he had given me.

Default Re: Survey
Originally Posted by ortega

Originally Posted by Nisa

Ortega

I just went thru the terms of use.
There is no rule against asking help to take survey.

It is not like it is for a commercial usage, it is just for a class.
Why can't i just approach the group of peer i am with most of the times?

Nisa

It is not allowed

Can you show me or link me to where it is written?

No i will not, I have better thing to do with my time.

You have time to delete my link and locked my thread, but no time to provide the evidence for me to understand the situation.

Geee.

this is a private mail between me and a moderator.
I need to get a better excuse than what he had given me.

Default Re: Survey

Ortega

Nisa

It is not allowed

You have time to delete my link and locked my thread, but no time to provide the evidence for me to understand the situation.

Geee.

And your point in this post??? :cool:

And your point in this post??? :cool:

I want a reason for locking up the thread.
I did not see it is not allowed from the term of use.

And the moderator whom locked it doesn't want to show me where it is written.
I just cut and paste the msg, to show I did approached the moderator for a reason.
To me, that seemed to be irresponsible moderating.

this is a better picture

ortega said:
Nisa said:
ortega said:
Nisa said:
ortega said:
Nisa said:
Ortega

Nisa
It is not allowed

Geee.

i don't need to stoop down at your level in a long drawn word match

it is not allowed and that is that
even other members know the rule
you are free to post in the faq forum to gain sympathy
my action will not change

in reference to this thread which i closed and did not issue an infraction

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=759219

Last edited:
please read the T&Cs...

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63954

"While we cannot monitor all the postings in the chat rooms, forums, photo galleries and other public areas, we reserve the right (but assume no obligation) to delete, move, or edit any postings that come to our attention that we consider unacceptable or inappropriate, of for any other other reasons, which we need not disclose, and which need not be reasonable. We will comply with the requirements of the law regarding disclosure of information transmitted via our site to others, including law enforcement agencies."

yes.. it is not specifically in black and white. however, the Admins/mods have been consistent in maintaining a 'no survey rule' in CS. in fact, it was Darren who clearly stated it back in 2005, in case you really really want to split hairs.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113061&highlight=surveys

you can do a simple search, and you will probably find (more often than not) the Admins have been consistently closing off all surveys, unless otherwise sanctioned by the Admins. their house, their rules. pure and simple.

Like I said, I just want to get the rule backing the closure of my thread.
As it is just a simple request for help to complete a homework /project, and of no commercial value, I do not see how it would not be allowed. And I m also giving others the choice of doing or not the survey.

I would back off if a reason is given. I would only take this out in open, just because I want a reason.

Ortega unfortunately I do not know that it is not allowed, that is why I m asking u for the reason. I do not care for so called word match. I just want to know the rule whereby I do not see in the t&c. Lastly, I posted what our whole conversation, and the last part was only sent by you after I had posted. Please do not make it as if I had ignored and purposely not includde your last msg, because that was the whole picture at that point in time.

Nightwolf75 like I said. I read the t&c, I did not see that survey is not allowed and would not purposely go and search if it is or not. This is just a simple request to help, to help or not would b up to individuals. I do not know it is breaking of any rules or I would not have done it. Like I had not gone back to participate actively in the IR part if the forum, I do not care to have useless "battle".

not meaning to offend, but sad to say there is still room for improvement in the handling of this situation.

2 different mods have stated that surveys are not allowed, and have provided evidence that this policy has been practiced for several years already. I think the situation is quite clear. TS is free to find other forums to post his surveys.

not meaning to offend, but sad to say there is still room for improvement in the handling of this situation.

True but you don't go to another person's house and question his house rules no matter how ridiculous it is.

If the mod says no surveys means no surveys. Don't go around asking where is the rule. Sometimes things are not in black or white but in shades of grey.

Today it may be some student survey. Tomorrow some retailer also want to conduct a survey. Where do we draw the line?:cool:

True but you don't go to another person's house and question his house rules no matter how ridiculous it is.

If the mod says no surveys means no surveys. Don't go around asking where is the rule. Sometimes things are not in black or white but in shades of grey.

Today it may be some student survey. Tomorrow some retailer also want to conduct a survey. Where do we draw the line?:cool:

i think it is not so much as to where, but how. MOD will have to spend much time and effort to determine if its student, for fun one or retailer one.

standard reply is, if you not happy you are welcome to leave....

unfortunately CS is the only REALLY ACTIVE photography forum in singapore. So if not happy, still stay on but post less lor....