question regarding photoshoot

stanley31594

May 10, 2011
hi,just wanted to ask some questions,erm,how are those organised photoshoot process like ? sorry,i never been to a photoshoot before,newbie here,lols =p does everyone just crowd around the models and take pictures or is it a one by one basis ? and do we have to set up the lighting ourselves ?

hi,just wanted to ask some questions,erm,how are those organised photoshoot process like ? sorry,i never been to a photoshoot before,newbie here,lols =p does everyone just crowd around the models and take pictures or is it a one by one basis ? and do we have to set up the lighting ourselves ?

Why not join and find out? In general though, a good organizer will prevent too much of a crowd, and will facilitate the lighting. One on One almost never happens unless you join one of the better shoots. So it's usually more of courtesy - get in, make sure you're not blocking someone, take your shots, then got out of the way of the others, repeat.

not only crowd they drool on the models too.

most shoots uses nautral day light. Only one or two organiser uses portable lighting (mosty for night shoots or hotel shoots), As for the studio shoots, the organisers will set up the light for the shooters

If it is an outdoor shoot, everyone will just crowd around the model and shoot since the Sun is the main light source and everyone can use this light source at the same time. Most organizers will not provide any lighting for outdoor shoot. Some shooters will mount a flashgun on their camera and use it to provide fill flash.

If it is an indoor shoot in a studio or hotel room, some organizer will setup the lighting. In this case, the shooters have to take turn to shoot the model one by one since the strobe light provided by the organizer need time to recharge. If the organizer didn't provide any lighting, then it will be similar to the outdoor shoot where all the shooters will shoot at the same time and everyone will use their own lighting.