Question on Metering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering. I saw A, S, ISO & exposure compensation being mentioned as a tweak combi.

How does white balancing comes into picture?
When I see that the color is not right?

White balance come to effect mainly on colors instead.

Thanks Bro, was using mainly bounced/diffused manual flash (I know it is abit wasted for 580EX2) for quite a number of my shots. With all the Aperture/Shutter Speed/ISO/Flash/Focus Section in manual mode, I guess the type of metering (matrix/spot/center/etc) does not matter to me most of the time.

There was some bros asking why do I use mostly M instead of A/S/P, for answer is that it offered me the most control of my shots during a photo shoot rather than leaving the camera to decided for me. Personally, I found this method work well with my Canon 18-200mm IS lens. :)

Yeah go Manual for everything. Full control over cam and flash. Learn more along the way also :bsmilie:
I would usually off my flash and meter my background/subject depending on situation, then adjust accordingly, then on flash, shoot again, then adjust flash setting either FEV or manual.

Each mode will give you different results. Try experimenting with your camera settings. Personally I prefer center-weighted and matrix.

Status
Not open for further replies.