Question on Dry Box

skybroodz

Nov 8, 2010
Singapore
www.vt-photo.com
Hi guys... I had a question on Dry Box. My dad gave me his dry box which has many small moth(dunno how to spell) ball right at the bottom of the box. It is a 15 yrs old dry box.. I would like to check with you guys out there whether do I need to change the small moth balls inside? If need to change, where can i buy it? Or do you think it can still use it? Thank you in advance. =)

Hi guys... I had a question on Dry Box. My dad gave me his dry box which has many small moth(dunno how to spell) ball right at the bottom of the box. It is a 15 yrs old dry box.. I would like to check with you guys out there whether do I need to change the small moth balls inside? If need to change, where can i buy it? Or do you think it can still use it? Thank you in advance. =)

Erm i am using a Dry box with silica gel and it is serving me ok. will invest in a dry cabinet once i have more lenses though...

15 years? I don't think moth balls last that long, should be silica gel and yes, if its as long as you say it is, you do need to change them. Also check if the rubber sealing of the dry box is cracking or cracked, that would mean that your box would not be air tight.

Oh yah is silica gel.. I just buy a bottle of silica gel at $5. Thank guys. I really din know that is such thing.. haha

and do you know there is the pink and blue silica gel?