Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

missbean

Oct 8, 2003
Hi pple,

I'm a newbie to digicam now. Have heard abt rechargable batteries that has figures like 2100 and 2300. What does this means? My digicam is Canon Powershot A75. Which battery should i use? Which brand has the most raves? Pls advise. Thanks!

missbean said:
Hi pple,

I'm a newbie to digicam now. Have heard abt rechargable batteries that has figures like 2100 and 2300. What does this means? My digicam is Canon Powershot A75. Which battery should i use? Which brand has the most raves? Pls advise. Thanks!

2100 and 2300 is the rating of the battery in mAh.

i'm using a A70 with sanyo 2100 nimh

if A75 batt consumption is similar to A70

then u don't really need to go for the highest rating [i.e. 2300] cos A70 batt. usage just lasts and lasts....

but since u are using A75 which uses CF card and AA batt [both which can be used on DSLR/flash later]

should get the best charger/batt that u can afford

note also to check charging times carefully

some quick charger timings advertised only refer to 2 AA batt, not 4 [read the fine print]

How about the Sony ones? The charger comes with the discharge function which eliminates memory effect. Though, I do not using one, I think it is a pretty good function.

missbean said:
Hi pple,

ratings in mAh

It means that the battery can last for an hour at that discharge rate. i.e 2100mAh means it will last 1 hour at a discharge rate of 2100mA. To know how long it will last, you'll have to know how much current your camera drains.

Simple put it, the bigger the number, the longer your batteries will last. (or at least suppose to)

Madmax said:
How about the Sony ones? The charger comes with the discharge function which eliminates memory effect. Though, I do not using one, I think it is a pretty good function.

NiMH batteries have no memory effects. You can charge them anytime u want and there is no need to discharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.