Qns about wedding photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

kh73

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
Would like to get more advice from anyone with regards to wedding photography.

1) I am using a SB22s flash. Many of my shots are only correctly exposed in the top half of the pic and underexposed in the bottom half? I have already tilt my flash 45degree.

2) How can I shoot a portrait shot(full body) and get a good exposure, since now my flash can only rotate to the left or right and not swivel.

3) I would like to do some negative scan to digital images. Is Photofriend the best place? Also how much? 16base will be a good resolution?

4) After the scanning to digital, I would like to so some croppping of images, what would happen to the length X width, since now the images are already cropped. Will I still be able to print 5R or 8R?

5) Where will the best place that i can print once i have done up the digital images. Photofriend again? or Color Lab(I send my initial processing to them)

Thanks.

what lens are u using...

stick to the same lab of where u have been to.... different lab have different colour control...

kh73:

1) I am using a SB22s flash. Many of my shots are only correctly exposed in the top half of the pic and underexposed in the bottom half? I have already tilt my flash 45degree.

I assume you're using it as a bounce flash? If so, the angle must be aimed to hit the ceiling in-between you and the subject. Could it be that the flash is pointing a bit low, and ended up hitting the top half of the pic directly? If you're very near the subject, sometimes you need to tilt 75 or 90 deg.

2) How can I shoot a portrait shot(full body) and get a good exposure, since now my flash can only rotate to the left or right and not swivel.

That's what I don't like about the SB22s (which I also use). If the wall is white/light-coloured, you can bounce the flash off the wall. Otherwise, what about using direct flash but with a lower shutter speed (like 1/30, 1/60)?

Do my comments make sense? :confused:

I have already tilt my flash 45degree.

my flash can only rotate to the left or right and not swivel.

Or what about tilting 90 deg and sticking a white card on top of the flash? I've seen wedding photographers with such things (although I haven't seen any use SB22s :D )

any1 got a good webpage on the basics of flash usage?
i dun even own one but am considering, once i know how to use it.

45 degree tilt is too much, stick to 90 or 75 degree if subject about 3.5m away.

For full length portrait, bounce it off the wall 90 degree tilt or 75 degree depending the subject distance. But be careful the colour of the wall. Or take it using direct flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.